Chapter 16

The day goes by quite quickly. It must've been around 10pm, and I was sitting on Louis' lap cuddling him, on the sofa by the fire. James, Aasim, AJ, Tenn, Violet and Omar were all chatting happily. I wrap my arms around louis' neck and he kisses my nose gently.

"Aw." Everyone says at the same time.

My cheeks heat up and I nuzzle my face in Louis' neck. Today could not get any better. It takes every bit of my strength to not talk about our little baby. I begin to wonder if it's gonna be a boy or girl. I was disrupted from my thoughts by the sound of a girl screaming. Her voice was unfamiliar to me, but the others seemed to recognise it.

"Everyone stay calm, I'll check it out." Violet says bravely.

Louis grips my hand and we stand behind violet as she looks outside. Everyone gasps as they look at the tall girl standing outside. Violet runs into her arms and hugs her.

"Minnie?" Tenn shouts and runs over to hug her.

"That's Minnie?" I ask and Louis nods.

Form behind Minnie comes Ruby and everyone gasps again.

"Ruby?" I shout.

She looks in my direction and guilt is plastered across her sad face. I try to run towards her, but Louis pulls me back.

"Please don't, Clem." Louis says softly.

I sigh and stay by his side. I understand why he doesn't want me to go near her, but why would she hurt me again?

"Who's that?" Minnie asks and points to me.

I walk towards her and smile at her. She seemed like a really nice girl.

"I'm Clementine." I say.

"I'm Minnie." She smiles.

"I'm so sorry Clem." Ruby drops to her knees and begins crying. I come down to her level and hug her.

"It's ok." I whisper.

"No, it's not ok. I could've killed you." She cries.

I ignore her and hug her tightly to show that I really did forgive her.

"Why aren't you guys at the school?" She asks.

"We were raided." I say and Louis wraps his arm around me.

"By Lilly's group? Shit I'm so sorry. I was apart of their group, but our boat blew up and barely any of us made it out alive." She cries.

"Where's Sophie?" Tenn asks.

"She's... she's gone." Minnie cries.

"Oh," Tenn bows his head down low and starts to cry.

Violet hugs Minnie again and the hug looks so intimate. I'm so glad that violet has Minnie back. Aasim walks over to Ruby and smiles at her.

"Ruby, we're not saying that what you did you Clem was ok, because it was not. We want you back with us... I want you back. If you do something fucked up again, then that's it." Aasim says.

"I know I fucked up, and I'm sorry everyone. Especially you Clementine. You didn't deserve that at all." She says.

I started to feel dizzy and sick again. I tap Louis on the shoulder and he takes me away from the rest of the group. Everyone stares and wonders what's wrong.

"Where are you guys going?" Violet asks.

"Uhh... shes just tired." Louis says.

My head was spinning and my stomach was cramping up. I wish these feelings would just go away, but I need to be strong. Luckily, everyone just lets us go without any questioning.