Chapter 33

Yes, I did change the name and cover of this book. Sorry for the inconvenience. :) hope you enjoy this chapter.

I wake up to the sun beaming through the barn and into my tired eyes. It must be quite early because everyone is still fast asleep and I'm usually the last to wake up. Louis is still holding Luna. Her golden eyes look to me and I smile and take her off him.

"Are you hungry little one?" I whisper.

She makes a cute little squeak and I giggle. She's so adorable. I let her feed on me and the others begin to wake up.

"We should probably leave soon." Aasim stretches.

I ignore him. He always knows how to bring down my mood. What if we don't find the others? What if they're all dead? I start to panic and Louis reassures me.

"It's ok." He whispers and pulls me close to his chest.

Luna stops feeding and begins to cry. Oh my god. I try to hush her but it's hopeless, she won't be quiet. Walkers start banging on the walls of the barn which just makes matters worse.

"Give her to me." Louis says softly.

I hand her to Louis and she still doesn't stop crying. He makes weird faces at her and she giggles. Thank god.

"Thank god." I breath.

The walkers were still banging on the barn. If we don't leave soon they are going to get in.

"We need to go now." Ruby panics.

I stand up and can finally move around like a normal person again. It's so nice to not have a baby bump in my way. I grab my bag off the floor and quickly put it on my shoulders. The others gather their stuff and get their weapons out. I can't hold my gun and a baby at the same time. Fuck.

"I'll hold Luna, you shoot." Louis suggests.

I nod. That's probably a good idea because Louis' weapon isn't gonna help us get out of here. Aasim opens the door and we all run out of the barn. That was easier that I thought.

"You ok?" Louis asks.

"Yeah, I'm good." I pant.

We all continue running through the woods until the walkers are nowhere to be seen.

"Shh, it's ok little one." Louis whispers to Luna and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen.

"Where are we gonna go?" Ruby panics.

"We will find somewhere." I say and fake a smile.

"What if we don't?" Aasim yells.

"Just shut the fuck up." I rage.

We continue walking until we hear the sound of muffled gunshots in the distance. Luna starts to cry so Louis covers her ears. I grab Louis' hand and he holds Luna with the other one.

"We need to run." Ruby panics.

We don't hesitate, we all just start to sprint until we can't run anymore. We're screwed. It's not safe out here.

"Hello, is anybody out there?" I yell.

Nothing. Just the sound of the tall trees blowing in the wind could be heard. I can't deal with this anymore. We're all gonna die.

"Fuck. We're not gonna make it." I cry. Louis holds me whilst I cry in his arms.

"We are gonna make it." He says strictly.

I look down at our sleeping baby and wipe the dried tears off her beautiful face.

"I'm so sorry for bringing you into this... horrible world." I cry.

"What are you talking about?" Louis panics.

I pull away from the hug and feel a wave of anger rush over me.

"It's true though, isn't it? She deserves so much better than this and you damn right know that's true Louis. Stop pretending that everything is ok because it's clearly not." I scream.

Luna starts crying again and Louis looks afraid of me. I can't control my anger. What is happening to me?

"Stop this, Clem! This isn't you." Louis yells.

Luna cries louder so I try to take her off Louis. But Louis pushes me away from her. My heart shatters into a million pieces. How could he do that?

"Lou what are you..."

"I don't think it's safe for you to hold her right now. You're too angry, Clem." Louis says calmly and avoids eye contact with me.

I look away and try to calm myself down, but I can't. I curl in a ball against a tree and cry. Everything is so incredibly fucked up.

"...Shit." Louis sighs.

He hands the baby to Ruby and kneels down next to me. I feel his warm arms wrap around my exhausted body and it comforts me.

"It's ok..."

"No, it's not..."

"Yes it is, Clem. Now stop this, I want my girl back." He begs.

I continue to cry into his shoulder. I've never cried this hard before and it's scary. I think I might be having a panic attack.

"I- I can't b-breath." I panic.

"It's going to be ok. Everything is going to be fine." He whispers.

I hope he's right... I calm myself down and Louis grabs my hand to help me stand up off the dirty ground. I link my arm with his to be even closer to him. Ruby hands me the baby and I hold her close to my chest.