Chapter 51

The morning sunlight shines in my tired eyes and I stretch my arms and legs out. I accidentally knock Louis with my arm, so I quickly turn around to look at him. He looked so peaceful when he was asleep; his cute freckled face looked so at peace. I couldn't help but notice how much he looked like our daughter, Luna, which just makes me smile even more.

Today we are going to go back to the school because it's much safer for everyone there, and also we have been working on building more secure walls around it recently. Gently, I shake Louis awake and his tired brown eyes slowly open. A smile appears on his face when he sees me and he snuggles into me. I giggle at how affectionate he was being.

"Morning." I say, running my fingers through his soft hair. He shuffles a little closer to me and places a small kiss on my lips. "How are you feeling?" I ask. Before replying, he lifts his shirt up and looks at his wound. Thankfully, the wound didn't look infected and it was no longer bleeding.

"I'm actually feeling much better." He says with a goofy smile on his face. I'm so happy he is somewhat okay. "It hurts a little, but that's expected." He smiles. God, his smile is so cute.

I couldn't help myself so I grab his adorable face and give him a kiss. I was intending on only giving him one small kiss, but he seemed to have other ideas by the look on his flushed face. He pulls me close and runs kisses along my jawline and my neck. A small moan escapes my lips and he does a little smile because he likes it when he makes me moan.  We are about to tear our clothes off, but Luna calls from her bedroom.

"Mummy!" She cries. She sounded so afraid, so I quickly stop kissing Louis and make my way to her room. I panic when I see Luna on the floor crying. She looked so afraid and I felt guilty for bringing her into a cruel world like this. I tumble to the floor and hold her in my arms, telling her that everything was okay when in reality I wasn't sure if everything was actually gonna be okay. I wish everything was actually okay for once; I'm tired of being on edge all the time.

"What happened?" I ask AJ, concern clear on my face. Luna was crying so loudly and I wish I could make her feel okay, I would do anything.

"She had a bad dream about the bad man." AJ says and I hold her even tighter. "I tried to make her feel better, but I'm not good with children." He sighs and I give him a light smile. 

Louis comes into the room and slowly sits down on the floor with me, looking at Luna with a worried face. He reassuringly holds her hand and plays with her soft hair.

"It's just a bad dream- it wasn't real." I say and she quiets down a bit.

"I'm scared." She sobs and my heart breaks. I hate seeing her like this and I blame myself. I rock her slowly and shush her until she finally stops to cry. She looks at her daddy and puts her arms out, asking for him to cuddle her. "Dada." She says and hugs Louis as well as me. AJ was sitting alone on his bed, with a sad look on his face. 

"Come here." I say and AJ smiles and joins the family hug. I hate how AJ feels like he isn't apart of the family. I love him like a son, I always have and I always will.

"Let's make some pancakes!" Louis excitedly says and we all laugh.

...

After eating some pancakes and listening to Louis' funny jokes all morning, we all grab our things and make our way back to Ericsons. As we walk inside, memories start to flood back, and it made me realise how much has changed these past years. I look at the place where Louis and I went stargazing when we first met and a happy tear starts to roll down my cheek. I start to remember our first kiss which makes me tear up even more. This place holds so many treasured memories.

"Welcome home bitches." Violet loudly says, but quickly realises that she just swore in front of a toddler. "Witches- I said witches." She says to Luna and Louis and I both chuckle. 

"It feels good to be back." Louis says with a proud smile on his face and I nod in agreement. "I'm gonna go to the piano room. Who's coming?" Louis excitedly says and everyone jumps up and down excitedly except for AJ who was already hanging out with Tenn. 

We all follow Louis into the piano room and he sits down on his piano stool, rubbing his hands together. I sit in the same place I sat when I confessed my feelings to him and old feelings come flooding back to me. Luna sits on my lap and points to the carving on the piano with curiosity on her cute face.

"What's that?" She asks, and Louis and I both look at each other with a smile. I remember carving that heart like it was yesterday.

"A potato." Louis says and I laugh. I vividly remember how he awkwardly said to me 'I-is that a potato? Wait no- I see- It's a heart. That's cool- very cool.' I love him.

"Really?" Luna asks and Louis chuckles and shakes his head side to side.

"Mummy and daddy carved that into the piano when we first met." I smile and Luna gasps.

"That's cool!" She excitedly says and I cry a happy tear. "Play the piano." She begs and Louis places his hands on the slightly dusty keys. He starts to play the song that he named after me 'clementine' and I rest my head on his shoulder with a smile on my face.

For once, everything seemed so perfect. But, just like everything, it didn't last...

...

Thank you for being so patient and for all the love and support!