Chapter 29

I scream with happiness as I see him lying on the bed staring at the ceiling. He's still alive, I can't believe it! He sits up and when he looks at me his puffy face beams with happiness.

"Clem!" He shouts. His voice sounded weaker than usual.

I run over to the bed and hug him tightly but he groans in agony. What happened? Who hurt him? I swear to god, if he's bitten...

"What's wrong, baby?" I ask.

"I was shot." He groans and points to his shoulder.

Blood was pouring out onto his coat. I inspect the wound and gasp when I see how deep it is.  I was surprised that the bone wasn't sticking out. i need to get him back to the others now.

"We need to get you back to the others. They can help you." I panic.

"I'm too weak, Clem." He says.

"Please try Louis. Tomorrow?" I beg.

He pauses for a moment and takes time to think. I need him to be strong for me and the baby.

"I'll try." He sighs.

I cuddle onto him, trying not to put too much pressure on his bad shoulder. I stare around the room and smile. It's nice to be back home. but we can't stay here for long.

"Where's Aasim?" I ask.

"He's in the other room somewhere." Louis smiles.

I nod. I don't really care that much because Louis is the only thing that's important to me right now.

"Louis." I say awkwardly.

"What's wrong baby?" He says softly.

He moves the hair out of my face and stares into my eyes. For a moment, I swear his eyes had golden specs in them. I'm so lucky.

"No one in the group knew that I came here. I ran away." I say.

"I'm glad you came here Clem but if anything happened to you or the baby..."

"I knew the risks." I but in.

"You're strong, I know nothing bad would happen to you." He smiles.

I smile back and rest my head on his chest. I feel his warm hand rest on my stomach as we both drift off to sleep.

...

We wake up to the sound of Ruby shouting mine and Louis' name. Before I can answer, the door to our bedroom is flying open and Ruby stands in the doorway. She looks happy when she sees me and Louis holding onto each other.

"I'm sorry that I left. I had to be with him." I apologise.

Louis begins to wake up and he rubs his eyes gently. I don't know why but I kiss his cute, freckled nose. His shoulder still looked as bad as it was last night and Ruby seems to notice.

"Shit. We need to get him back to James' place. That wound is deep." She panics. 

"Ok, ok. Can I at least sort my hair out first?" Louis jokes.

I laugh at his humour and hide my face in my hands. I'm glad that he's back to the old jokey Louis again. I love that Louis. Since he wants his messy hair sorting out, I comb it with my hands until it looks presentable. He kisses my lips and thanks me and we almost forget that Ruby is in the room with us. Good thing we remembered because I almost climbed on top of him.

"Come on love birds." She teases.

We both jump and pull away from the kiss. I look at my stomach in shock. How is it getting so big? I'm scared for the birth but also excited to see our cute little baby. I can't wait to hold him or her for the first time and neither can Louis.

"Come on, let's go." Louis smiles and climbs out of the bed.

I grab his hand and we travel out of the room. I see Rosie happily trotting along the corridor and she stops when she sees me and Louis.

"Rose!" I say excitedly and stroke her soft head.

She licks my stomach and I find it adorable. It's so nice to have Rosie back. Now all I had to worry about was the journey home.

Sorry for pranking you guys in the last chapter 😂. I don't know how far along Clem should be because I don't want it to be 9 months because you guys would get bored of reading it then. So I'm gonna make it so she's like 8 months pregnant at the moment? Idk how far along do you think she should be. Please give this chapter a vote. :)