Chapter 26

I wake up feeling happy, but my heart shatters when I reach for Louis and he's not there. He's left already? I quickly pulled on some clothes and ran out the door. I search the hallways for him, but I can't find him. I didn't even get to say goodbye. I collapse against the cold wall and cry in a ball. Ruby comes running over to me and she kneels down next to me, bringing me into a warm hug.

"He's gone. Why didn't he say goodbye?" I sob.

"He's not gone yet." She smiles.

"What?" I get up off the floor and wipe my eyes.

"You'll have to be quick. He was just about to leave." She says.

I nod and run outside as fast as I possibly can. I see him standing by the gate with Aasim. So, I run over to him and jump into his arms.

"Woah." He giggles.

"Why didn't you say goodbye?" I ask.

"It was gonna be too hard so I just left. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." He apologises.

I fix his messy hair and then kiss him. Tears start to form in his eyes.

"Don't cry." I squeak.

"I just love you so much." He weeps.

"I guess I could come with you. I'm not that far along I can still run." I say.

"No, no, no. You're staying here, where you and the baby is safe." He demands.

I look down at the floor. He's right, but I wish he wasn't. He doesn't know what it's like out there, he needs me.

"Fine. You better come back." I say with tears in my eyes.

"I will." He smiles.

I watch him as he walks away slowly without looking back. I can't take this.

"Louis." I cry.

He looks back at me and I have tears in my puffy eyes. I walk over to him and hug him in a way I have never hugged him before. Whilst we are hugging, he places his hand over my stomach and tries to hold back his tears. He crouches down so that his face is level with my stomach and he kisses it.

"Daddy loves you." He whispers.

I cry tears of happiness and sadness. He gets back up and kisses my tears away. Then, he walks off for the last time. I run into the building crying harder than I ever have. Violet sees me crying and hugs me.

Please give this chapter a vote :)