Chapter 12

Chapter 12,
Broken hearts.
♥︎Clementines P.O.V♥︎

——————————————————
Louis' face instantly turned pale when he realised what he just said. Tears started to form in my eyes.

"I- I didn't mean that." he stuttered.

I turned around and stormed off with tears streaming down my face.

"Clem, wait." He yelled weakly. Louis tried to stand up but he fell back down with a groan.

It started to snow again, but this time it was heavy. Quite fitting to my mood right now. I kept walking, I didn't know exactly where I was going but i just walked until I felt a hand grab me.

"You ok?" The voice said.

I turned around and quickly wiped the tears from my face. It was James.

"Y-yeah why wouldn't I be?" I faked a laugh.

"Because you're crying." He raises one eyebrow at me.

I sighed loudly and broke down crying. "Me and Louis, we argued."

"What about?" He asked.

"I can't tell you." I weeped.

"You can, I won't tell anyone. It's good to get it off your chest." He smiled.

"Fine," I sighed. I told him that I was pregnant and Louis got mad at me and said those things.

"I'm sure he didn't mean it. He's probably just stressed out." He said.

"Yeah, you're right." I sighed.

"You should talk to him." He suggested.

"I can't, not right now." I moaned.

James simply nodded. "Whenever you're ready." He smiled.

I smiled back.

"You should get inside and stay warm." He suggested.

"Good idea. Lead the way." I said.

James led me inside a cabin. There was a warm fireplace and a comfortable looking sofa. I plonked myself down on the sofa.

"Thanks James." I smiled.

"My pleasure." He said as he walked out of the cabin.

I closed my eyes and rested for a while.

~ time skip.

"Clementine! Wake up!" Assim screams.

I jerk up off the sofa. "What?" I panic.

"It's Louis. He's- he's not doing so good." Assim said as he tilted his head down to look at the floor.

I walked into the other room with Assim and saw Louis lying on a bed. My heart stopped. I didn't care how angry I was at him, I ran over to him and leant over his body.

"Are you ok?" I panicked.

"Yes." He said as he sat up.

He was fine. Why would Assim lie to me like that?

"What? How could you do that to me? You nearly gave me a heart attack." I yelled.

"I didn't mean to say those things earlier." Interrupted Louis.

I frowned at him and I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

"I hate you." I snapped.

His eyes started to fill up. "You don't mean that." He sighed.

I looked down at the floor and sat down next to him, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Clem." He whispered, taking my hand.

"I was stressed and in agony. I wasn't thinking straight." He said calmly.

I sighed and pulled my hand away from him, then buried my head in my hands.

"Nothing you say is gonna take back what you said." I cried.

"I know and I'm sorry." He said in a soft tone.

I looked at him with my teary eyes. No matter how angry I am at him, it doesn't stop me from loving him so fucking much. I collapsed into him and wrapped my arms around his body. He held me close.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear.

A smile emerged on my face and I blushed. "I love you too." I said.

I hugged onto him tighter.

"Ouch." He groaned.

I pulled away from our very warm hug and looked at him with a panicked look.

"Shit, sorry." I said as I inspected his bullet wound.

"Nah, it's ok." He smiled.

I smiled back and lay down next to him.
——————————————————

Thanks for reading chapter 12! Please vote as it encourages me to keep writing.

Love y'all 💘