26

"Mr Park, I thought you had a dentist appointment?" Aimeeleigh asks, as Mr Park walks into the detention room.

"Yeah, I thought you couldn't make it tonight?" Mr Im states, looking over at his co-worker in concern.

"It fell through, I mean it was rescheduled." Mr Park responds, Aimeeleigh gives him a look of confusion, but Mr Im gives a nod of understanding, "I can take over from here. You are needed in the staff room."

"Why? Oh, right. Yeah, okay, stay out of trouble Aimeeleigh." Mr Im says, before leaving the classroom.

"You know, you have a heck load of dentist appointments, but your teeth look perfect to me." Aimeeleigh states, raising an eyebrow at her teacher, who is now sitting down at the desk.

"I'm very strict about my dental hygiene. I need to get them checked regularly, so I know that I'm keeping on top of things." He replies, giving her a look to tell her to stop pushing it.

"It all just seems a bit shady to me." She replies in English, holding her hands up and shrugging her shoulders.

"What did you say?" He asks, tilting his head at her.

"I don't know how to say it in Korean." She answers, shooting him an innocent smile, then carrying on with her literature work that Mr Im gave her.