Chapter 4

Erika's POV
While I was in class I over heard Jakes friends talking.

A: yo we pushed it too far

M: we know how much he hates talking about it and we just kept on

A: I mean who would he watched his little brother die

M: his best friend

A: he still blames himself

M: I'm just scared he'll try to end it all again.

A: he knows how disappointed Tydus would be.

M: yeah I just wish it all never happened. I miss the old Jake always happy because he in his words "has the perfect human to go home too"

A: now he has no one to go home too. Logan's in college and his parents are always at work.

M: maybe we should leave him alone for awhile. He's been screwed over and hurt so many times in his life and we've been so inconsiderate with that.

I started tearing up.

Jones: Erika are you okay?

E: yeah I just need some air.

I got up and walked outside in the front of the school.

Mikes POV
After we finished our conversation Erika walked out with tears in her eyes.

M: please tell me she didn't hear our conversation

A: she didn't it's probably that time of the month my sister always randomly cries during then.

M: oh.

Jakes POV
I pull myself together and go to my car but on my way there I hear crying. I look over and it's Erika. I always seem to find her crying.

J: hey

E: oh hey

She wiped her eyes and stood up I handed her the bandanna that I let her use on her birthday.

J: what's wrong?

E: oh god I can't tell you

J: did someone write another letter?

E: no I'm just really sensitive.

J: are you sure you're okay?

E: yeah I just heard a story about someone and I just feel so sad for them.

J: well I'm gonna head home, you stop crying. Guys in high school like it when girls cry it makes you seem vulnerable they'll take advantage of that so be careful.

E: wait

J: yeah

If you couldn't tell I've been able to control my stutter around Erika

E: why do you hit in every girl in this school except for me?

Oh sh•t.

J: um I didn't hit on Sunny

E: but why

J: I am a bad person. I am selfish because of what one girl did to me. Those girls know what their getting themselves into and I'm sure if I hit on you, you would too but you're different then all of the girls. You want a real relationship I tried one and I got hurt that's why. You don't know what it's like to be in love yet, it hurts when someone ruins it all by one mistake but in my case they didn't regret the mistake. You are a great person and I'm the guy that gets a girl to like him for pleasure I've tried to stop it but it's literally the only thing that get certain things off my mind.

I just broke rule #3

E: Jake you're not a bad person you're just hurt and you're still learning how to deal with it.

J: I'll see you tomorrow Erika

E: wait one more thing

J: yeah

E: I'm throwing a party tonight since I didn't have one for my birthday my parents said they'll stay at a hotel because they trust me and stuff so at least it won't be boring and I was wondering if you would want to come.

J: um-

E: with your friends of course

J: I'll see what their up too and if their free I'll go.

E: okay cool

J: I'm gonna go now

E: okay bye

Erika turned around and went into the school and I turned around, took a deep breath then walked to my car.

Erika's POV
I almost just confessed my feeling to a guy who just told me why he doesn't want to be with me.

E: sorry I took so long

*lunch*

S: why did you take so long outside

E: I was talking to Jake

S: ooooh about what?

E: I just invited him and his friends to my party

S: it took you 20 minutes to invite him to a party?

E: yeah

S: you guys didn't kiss or anything?

E: nope these lips are still virgins.

S: I just hope no one brings alcohol

E: me too but if they do my parents won't care I'll be really upset though.

S: your parents are wayyyy to chill.

E: yeah you'd expect me to be some type of disaster that parties all of the time.

S: are you like ever mad or do you only get upset.

E: um I honestly don't think I've been genuinely mad at someone.

S: are you sure you're not adopted?

E: I'm starting to rethink it *laughs*

*party*

Jakes POV
Turns out the boys are free and we are gonna go to the party. And don't go thinking that I'm gonna get drunk and end up hooking up with someone but new flash alert 🚨 I don't drink.

*party*

Me and the boys walk in and the first thing I see is Erika and holy sh•t.

J: yo I can't be here dude I cannot freaking be here

M: what's going on?

J: yo, look at Erika I can't she's never dressed like that why me.

A: I'm sure you're able to control yourself.

J: let's pray.