Chapter 5

Erika's POV
When Jake walked in I saw him freaking out he turned to his friends.

E: hey guys glad you could make it.

Jake gave me $100

E: what's this for?

His friends walked away

J: I never got you a gift for your birthday and I really didn't know what to give you since we don't really talk.

E: you didn't need to give me this. You handled the David thing on my birthday and you came to my party.

J: just keep it

E: well thank you and enjoy the party.

*skip 35 minutes*

I was talking to some drunk girl trying to get her away from me and back to her friend but she wouldn't budge.

Girl: come on you fvck every girl in the school and you won't with me?

J: you're drunk okay you need to go back to your friend so you can go home.

Girl: you know what fvck you Jake. You only do all this sh•t because your girlfriend cheated on you with your best friend. You don't give a fvck about these girls you use them for sex and then act like you don't know them the next day. You are a piece of sh•t. Just kill yourself already.

J: listen sweetie I tried the kill myself part already multiple times actually but it just never seems to work. Your calling me all these names and saying that I'm this and that but you're still here trying to get in my pants. So get out of my face or when you are sober I will tell the whole school what just happened tonight.

I only told her I tried to kill myself because I knew she wouldn't remember in the morning.

?: GET OFF ME!

I look up and no one sees Erika getting attacked by this dude so I run—well try because there are so many people—to Erika.

J: back off dude

Guy: go somewhere dude I'm trying to talk to her.

I grabbed Erika, she was crying, and held her by her hand and got real close to the guy.

J: you need to leave if she says she not interested then you need to back off. I assure you, you will regret this in the morning so just go.

Guy: fine

The guy left and I turned to Erika.

J: where's your room?

Erika took me too her room.

J: after that little incident I personally think you should get some rest if you don't want too then we can go back stairs and you can come and get me if someone tries something with you again.

E: I don't want to let one person ruin everything for me most people would but I won't.

That kinda hit me hard because that's exactly what happened to me.

J: okay then let's go

E: oh my god Jake I'm so sorry I didn't mean that towards you.

J: I know let's just go

E: Jake seriously I didn't mean like a relationship I meant like in my current situation

J: I said it's okay

E: are you sure

J: has anyone ever told you you're too nice?

E: *giggles* actually yes but it's just the way I am.

J: let's go

We went back downstairs and everyone looked at us.

J: Nothing Happened So Y'all Can Go Back To What You Were Doing.

Everyone went back to what they were doing and I grabbed Erika and pulled her close so I could talk to her because the music was too loud.

J: scream or come and find me if someone tries anything again

E: alright enjoy your time here

J: I'm gonna stay until the parties over

E: promise?

J: I promise

Me and Erika backed away and I went back to my friends and she went to talk to Sunny I'm assuming.

M: what were you and Erika doing upstairs?

J: just talking that's it

A: you guys seemed pretty close

J: somebody tried touching her so I told her to come to me if it happens again.

M: Jake gettin all soft for Ms. Perfect

J: shut up. Tell me that if you saw a girl getting touched in by a dude and she didn't want it you wouldn't protect her?

A: alright alright I get it.

M: if someone touched my girl I'd have to pull out my strap.

J: exactly you're over here judging me for helping Erika and you have a whole pregnant girlfriend

A: be honest and if you are I'll never ask again. I know the real answer but I wanna here it from you myself.

J: okay what

A: do you like Erika

J: maybe that's the answer now leave me alone.

M: what if she likes you would you give her a chance.

J: I don't take first kisses or virginity's

A: I was also thinking you gotta stop that sleeping around stuff you might end up getting a girl pregnant or something.

J: yeah I thought about that and thinking about what Tydus would think of it I've decided to stop.

M: man Tydus was five how would he know if what you were doing was wrong.

A: he thought everything you did was right

J: I know but he always knew when I felt horrible about something I did that was bad.

M: well I'm glad we're on our way of getting our old Jake back.

*end of party*

Everyone was leaving but I stayed back to help Erika clean.

E: well I'll see you tomorrow for tutoring?

J: I'm gonna stay back and help you clean if that's okay

E: sure thanks.