Chapter 9

Erika's POV
I just continued looking at Jake as she continued to ask questions.

Nurse: Jake do you know who's holding your hand?

J: ah Erika Costell. She's a real beauty isn't she? We went to the movies today. Her laugh made me smile she has had such a bad day and it warmed my heart to see her happy.

Nurse: is that correct?

E: yes

Nurse: do you have any siblings?

J: I have two brothers Tydus and Logan. Oh oh oh is Tydus gonna be there?

I put my hand over my mouth and started crying he's got everything mixed up.

The Nurse put him under anesthesia and he fell asleep.

Nurse: ma'am I promise you he will be fine. The reason he got some questions wring is because his body and brain are in shock.

E: so he'll live?

Nurse: yes. Can you explain what questions that he got wrong?

E: Tydus passed away last year he's Jakes best friend. He was five everyone called him mini Jake Paul and he's obviously not 14.

Nurse: we will have to take him into surgery but it won't take that long since the bullet went straight through well just have to clean up any germs that got into the wound and sew him up he'll be out by morning. Maybe even good enough to go to school.

E: thank you

We got out of the ambulance and they took Jake to surgery I sat in the waiting room and called my mom.

*phone call*

An: you staying out?

E: yeah I'm the guy I went out with got shot so I'm gonna stay with him at the hospital.

An: do you want me to come?

E: no I'll be fine you get some sleep and don't tell Dan because he'll come here whether we like it or not. You know how protective he is.

An: okay tell me how everything goes tomorrow

E: okay love you

An: love you too

I hung up the phone then I saw Jakes parents and his brother Logan. He's hit on me like 500 times (Not literally) The police came as well they say Pam is a danger to Jake.

Pam: Erika dear I'm so sorry

E: I know you didn't mean too but I would like to be left alone right now.

I gave her a weak smile and she gave me one back.

L: hey Erika what brings you here?

E: hi Logan.

L: you never answered my question

E: I'm here for Jake

L: so Ms. Perfect fell for a man wh•re

E: LEAVE ME ALONE!

That felt amazing

I walked away and sat in a corner away from everyone and got more comfortable in Jakes jacket.

*2 hours later*

Pam's POV
I look over at Erika and she had fallen asleep.

Doc: Jake Paul?

Everyone but Erika stood up because she was sleeping.

Doc: Jake is asleep but keeps saying Erika in his sleep do any of you guys know who that is?

L: you see that girl over there?

Doc: yes

L: that's her

Doc: maybe if she was in there with him that could help him get some rest his body seems really tense

P: I'd hate to wake her

Doc: maybe one of you could carry her?

L: it'd have to be you dad of Jake has a thing with her he'd kill me if I touched her.

G: alright

Greg went and picked up Erika

Doc: alright follow me.

We followed him to the room and Greg put Erika in the bed with Jake and they both smiled in their sleep.

The doctor covered them up and left.

PO: ma'am you have 15 minutes before we have to take you down to the station.

Pam: okay

Greg: what happened?

Pam: *tells story*

L: mom

Pam: it was an accident

(Btw Jake got shot right above his v-line)

*morning*

Jakes POV
I wake up in pain and Erika cuddled up next to me.

J: Erika

Erika groans then looks up at me her eyes widen then she gets up and hugs me.

E: you're okay

J: what happened?

E: *tells story*

J: oh. Hey is that my jacket?

E: yeah I was gonna bring it back to you but I saw you on a stretcher so I just put it back on and hopped in the ambulance.

J: why didn't my mom get in with me?

E: she had to stay back with the cops.

J: wait how did you get in the ambulance? I thought it was only family members.

E: I kinda told them I was your girlfriend.

J: Erika Costell a liar? That should be on the news.

E: *giggles*

J: welp let's get me signed out we have school.

E: what no you can't go to school.

J: Erika I'm fine.

E: please stay home

J: I'm just sore it's like after a football game.

I sat up with my legs hanging off the side of the bed and Erika got up and stood in between my legs.

E: if you stay home I'll stay with you

J: I knew you would say that, but I don't want you too ruin your perfect attendance.

E: my mom says she wants me to be more rebellious and act more like an actual teenager.

I grabbed Erika's waist and pulled her closer.

J: but is that what you want to do

E: not really

J: then go to school and I'll stay home if you want me too.

Erika put her head in the crook of my neck and breathed out I could feel her breath across my chest giving me shivers.

J: I know you want me to come to school, but you also don't want to seem selfish.

E: are you reading my mind?

J: *chuckles* no I can just read people sometimes

E: well what do you want to do?

J: we'll both go to school.

E: are you sure?

J: I'm positive

We both get ready and Erika drives me home and takes my car to her house to get ready then she'll come and get me.

*school*