Chapter 56

Jakes POV
Erika's grip on my hand was strong as fvck.

Doc: Lilly is going to be fine

All of us sighed in relief.

Doc: the reason for the seizure was from when she was born, she didn't immediately cry when she was born meaning she still was lacking air and her brain is just now catching up with that moment.

E: does she have like asthma or something?

Doc: no she's fine and she can go home as soon as she wakes up.

Then we heard a baby crying.

Doc: and that's her.

Me and Erika quickly went to her room and Erikaput her hand on Lilly's face and I grabbed her hand. We couldn't pick her up because of the iv. A nurse came in and took out the iv and Erika immediately picked her up.

E: mommy's here it's gonna be okay

Erika's arms were still shaking from being scared so I grabbed Lilly.

J: you need to relax more take a deep breath she's okay.

E: well it's freaking hard our daughter just almost died Jake!

J: Erika I know you're upset but screaming isn't doing any help your arms were shaking like crazy and I didn't want you dropping Lilly.

E: so you're calling me a bad mother?

J: where did you get that from?

Erika took a deep breath.

E: I think it's best if I sleep in the guest room tonight but since I'm a bad mother Lilly can sleep with you.

J: Erika what's wrong with you?

She just walked away

She probably got a ride with Sunny.

I went out to the waiting room.

J: mom do you still have that car seat in your car?

P: yeah why?

J: Erika got mad at something so she went with Sunny and we didn't bring a car so me and Lilly need a ride.

P: okay come on.

*home*

I spent the day with Lilly since Erika decided not to come out of the room. I laid Lilly down in her bassinet with her bottle-which Sunny helped her learn how to hold by herself-and went and knocked on the guest bedroom door.

J: Erika I understand that you're mad at me for god know what, but your daughter just got out of the hospital from having a seizure and the last thing you should be doing is locking yourself in a bedroom. So get your a$$ out here and spend sometime with your daughter.

Erika opened the door and looked at me with red puffy eyes.

E: I'm sorry I snapped on you I don't know what came over me. All you were doing is worrying about Lilly's well being and I was still all wrapped up in the seizure and Tony interrogating me about you proposing and I'm just sorry.

I just hugged her and ran my fingers through her hair.

J: everything is perfectly fine.

We went back to Lilly and Erika looked shocked.

E: she's holding the bottle Jake

J: yeah she's getting smarter, faster than other babies. Whoah, just like you did.

E: she's so cute

I saw her starting to fall asleep so I took her bottle, burped her, laid her back down, and covered her up so she could sleep.

Erika jumped into my arms unexpectedly and smashed her lips onto mine.

J: whoah what happened?

E: take Lilly to her nursery.

J: why

E: because we're gonna need some alone time.

J: what if she wakes up and we don't know

E: duh baby monitors

J: yesssss

I put Erika down and picked Lilly up. I brought her too her nursery and laid her down gently. I left the room and saw Erika in the hallway with her bassinet. I grabbed it from her and threw somewhere I'm not sure then smashed my lips onto hers.

E: Jake we're not in the room.

J: we'll make it there.

I picked her up and walked to our room not breaking the kiss. One thing led to another and ya know.

=====

Erika's laying on my chest in my shirt in underwear and I'm wearing joggers and underwear. We just lay here in silence panting. Well she's silent I'm in complete shock.

J: how did you know how to do that? What even was that? Holy sh•t.

E: *giggles* I didn't learn it anywhere it just came to mind randomly.

J: well your mind is freaking amazing.

E: I should check on Lilly.

J: yeah I'm just gonna try to put my mind back together.

A couple minutes later Erika come back and laid back down and we both fell back too sleep.

*morning*

I wake up to no Erika so I go downstairs to see her and Lilly in the kitchen. Erika is cooking while dancing around to the loud music.

I wrapped my arms around Erika's waist and out my head in her shoulder.

J: good morning baby

Erika bit her lip.

E: morning

I went and picked Lilly

J: good morning Princess

She just babbled on

J: I hope that means something nice.

I kissed all over her face and she giggled.

J: holy sh•t Erika

E: what?

J: she laughed.

E: seriously?!

I kissed Lilly in the cheek and she laughed again.

E: oh my god this is amazing.