Chapter 14

*court*

Jakes POV

Lawyer1: Erika Costell why did you wait 10 years to turn Dennis Costell in?

E: because I saw how the other kids got treated when their parents got divorced, when a parent left, or when one parent would die. I was going to though a really rough time obviously with the hitting and him forcing himself into me and I couldn't handle bullying at the time. And he told my mom if she said anything about that he would kill me.

She did not tell me that.

Lawyer1: but you are known as Ms. Perfect around school so why would you get bullied?

E: I didn't become Ms. Perfect until the 6th grade.

Lawyer1: no further questions

(Lawyer1 is the good lawyer)

Lawyer2: Ms. Costell I'm aware that a Wesley Denard was arrested yesterday for putting his fingers inside of you in a janitors closet

I wanted to get up and punch him in the face.

Lawyer1: objection!

Lawyer2: now you brought a friend to answer some questions for me and your lawyer.

E: yes

I went on the stand and looked at Erika.

Lawyer1: Mr. Paul why is Erika known as Ms. Perfect?

J: first off I would like to clarify I have never called her that, but she is known as Ms. Perfect because she is beautiful, funny, very nice to everyone, she's three months ahead in all of her classes. She's actually my tutor. The guys like that she is pure so some of them drop their grades on purpose because they know she would be perfectly fine tutoring them but all they want is to get into her pants.

Lawyer1: why don't you call her Ms. Perfect?

J: because she doesn't like it.

Lawyer1: no further questions

Lawyer2: Mr. Paul, you said the guys drop their grades hoping Ms. Costell would tutor them?

J: yes

Lawyer2: isn't she tutoring you now?

J: yeah.

Lawyer2: did you drop your grades to have her tutor you?

J: of course not I'm the only guy that hadn't hit on her.

Lawyer2: is there no way you could just work harder?

J: it's been hard for me to focus on stuff lately.

Lawyer2: why is that

J: um do I have to answer that?

Judge: yes sir

J: well my little brother recently died he got hit by a car. My parents are always at work never having time to help me or be at the house with me.

Lawyer2: sorry for your loss.

J: thank you

Lawyer2: what is your reputation around school.

J: I was once known as Mr. Perfect but then my girlfriend cheated on me with my best friend so my current reputation is fvck boy but I'm working on changing that.

Lawyer2: why

J: it's not who I am, what I was doing was wrong, and I just think about how disappointed my little brother would be with me.

Lawyer2: you asked a police officer if you were going to jail yesterday why would you be going to jail?

J: I beat up two kids for things they said and did to Erika.

Lawyer2: would you tell me what caused you to beat up those two kids.

J: one kid he writes hurtful letters to girls that he thinks will never give him a chance and he wrote one to Erika and taped it to her locker on her birthday. And Wesley touched her inappropriately. I'm sorry but what does this have to do with Dennis?

Lawyer2: you are very protective towards Ms. Costell

So you're just gonna ignore my question?

J: yeah

Lawyer2: you had some venom in your voice when you said that guys at your school like her because she's pure.

J: yeah I did

Lawyer2: why is that?

J: it p•sses me off that guy's only like the fact that she's a virgin and she's pretty. They only think about getting in her pants and not actually getting to know her, she's my fvcking girl and people should know that.

Lawyer2: no further questions

Dennis is in the stand and I'm ready to bash his face in.

Lawyer1: Mr. Costell how long has it been since you saw Erika

Dennis: 3 weeks

Lawyer1: 3 weeks?

Dennis: I wanted to see how she looked when she grew up she has become even more beautiful than when she was my little girl. I saw her on Instagram.

Lawyer1: when you raped Ms. Costell

Dennis: I didn't rape her

Lawyer1: oh but she has scars from tearing inside he uterus and they must've not cleaned the cut properly because some of your DNA was still inside of her.

Dennis sat back.

Lawyer1: you told her it was okay because that's what daddy's do when their little girls become big girls. Did your father do that to your sister?

Dennis: no

Lawyer1: every boy that has a father around learns from their father and if your father didn't teach you that then who did.

Dennis: IF HER MOM WOULD HAVE SEX WITH ME I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT TO HER!!

Lawyer1: I rest my case

Blah blah they won the trial Dennis will be in prison for life with no visits.