Chapter 42

Jakes POV
I'm chilling in the living room when I see Erika and Brittany come downstairs. Brittany immediately runs to me.

B: Jakey!

I picked her up and put her on my lap.

J: did you sleep good?

B: I had a dream dat Erika turned into da tickle monster.

J: well she won't now that she's got her sleep.

Erika sat down next to us with a blanket and put her head on my shoulder.

E: ugh today is the worst I've never been this tired.

B: it's otay. When I tired I go to sweep as long as I want.

Me and Erika laughed a little.

J: that's very good advice Brit.

B: I don't want the tickle monster.

Erika moved all the way down and put her head in my lap.

E: I think I'm gonna take Brits advice.

J: how about you go upstairs there are some people here and I don't want them waking you up. I'll be up there soon.

E: okay

I kissed Erika's cheek and she went upstairs.

B: Jakey?

J: yes Ms. Brittany

B: do you tink daddy's mad at me?

J: no I think he's mad at me.

B: I don't want daddy to be mad at you.

J: it's okay.

B: well I like you *smiles*

J: and you are the best niece ever.

B: *giggles*

Brittany covered herself with her blanket and got comfortable on my lap.

B: can we watch cartoons?

J: yeah

I turned on some cartoons for Brittany but ended up getting stuck in them.

Chloe's POV
Jake is 100% right. What I did to Logan wasn't fair to him nor his family. What I did obviously took a toll on Logan and now I know it took one on Jake too.

I was going downstairs to hangout with Logan and get to know his friends when I saw Jake and Brit on the couch. I forgot to mention earlier Brit and Jake were extremely close. She would sleep in Jakes room more me and Logan's.

Anyways I went in the kitchen and sat next to Logan.

L: shouldn't Brit be awake right now?

Ch: she's in the living room with Jake.

L: oh, well this is Pete, Noah, and Oliver. My friends from college.

Ch: nice to meet you all.

O: if you don't mind me asking, what did you do too Logan.

Ch: I told him Brittany wasn't his and left. She 100% is his child but having a baby at 16 could've ruined him so I left and cut all connections with him. But Jakes girlfriend the one you called Nerdy found me.

N: welp Pete only states facts.

Ch: and ET? She the most beautiful girl I've ever met.

L: listen Erika is Ms. Perfect literally some kids at her school don't even know her real name because they call her Ms. Perfect and they call Jake Mr. Perfect. Kids at that school take things very seriously when it comes to those two.