Chapter 1: My Life

Now who is excited for the very first chapter of Royal Meets Rogue?!

This book has been in the works for a very long time and I've been trying to keep it a secret from all of you haha. I didn't want you guys to see it until it was perfect and I knew you all would enjoy it. But I'm really proud of it and I can't wait for you guys to read it.

The chapter is also out my Inkitt! (Link in bio)

Anywhore. So without further ado, on with the first chapter and I hope you all enjoy!

And if you are new, hi my name is Austin (MommaShifter) and I say anywhore before every chapter. Nice to mee ya!

(Athena and Ares up top)

-------------------------

Athena

I groaned as I rolled over to shut my alarm clock off.

"Another day, another beating." I mumbled to myself as I carefully got out of bed.

My body cringed as I felt a sharp pain in my right side. I slowly lifted up my tank top and sighed as I saw the giant bruise. It was already starting to heal thanks to me being a werewolf. It does have its advantages sometimes.

"Let's move it! I know you're awake!" I heard Alpha Rick's voice over the intercom.

I looked at the white plastic box that hung on my wall. I so desperately wanted to tear it off the wall but I know I would get into big trouble if I pulled that little stunt.

I walked over and pressed the small, red button. "I'm coming Alpha."

After changing my clothes and putting my long, wavy brownish hair up, I tiptoed down the stairs making sure I didn't make any loud noises. It's still pretty early so that means a lot of the pack members are still sleeping.

"About time you got down here." One of the older maids sneered at me.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." I replied as I grabbed an apron.

"It better not. Now go over there and help with the eggs."

"Yes, ma'am." I bowed as I hurried by the stove.

I'm lower than the maids. That's how much my pack hates me. And I'm not making fun of maids, but I mean these ones are quite bitchy to me.

I don't even know what I did? I guess being born was all it took to be the pack's punching bag. Or maybe they have something against orphans? Who knows really? I've never asked and I never will. That'll just give them another reason to beat me and quite frankly, they don't need any more reasons.

But after three hours, breakfast was finally done. I smiled to myself because that meant dishes. Washing dishes was the only time that I was left alone. I mean, I still had the occasional name calling and members throwing their dishes in the sink. But other than that, I was left alone. The other maids thought that it was too degrading, so I gladly took the job. But I really don't understand how, because isn't that part of their job?

I shrugged my shoulders at my own thought and got to work.

'Just think.' My wolf, Artemis, said suddenly. 'Tomorrow is your birthday.'

'I'm so excited!' I chipped excitedly. 'Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones and run into their mate exactly on their birthday.'

'Just don't get your hopes up, sweetie.' She said softly. 'I know you want to get out of here, hell I do too. But the odds of meeting your mate on your birthday are very slim.'

'I know.' I sighed as I picked up the sponge and a bowl. 'I just want to have a little faith.'

'I understand.' Artemis replied. 'It's good to hold onto faith. It's the only thing we have besides each other.'