Chapter 34: Rescue Mission

Is anyone ready for this action-packed chapter?????

Also. I'm OBSESSED with Under Your Scars by Godsmack. Holy shit that is a good song.

And the clinic is packed with animals right now because it's a holiday tomorrow and then the weekend and oh my gosh. So many animals. I'm going to go insane.

Anywhore. Let's start the chapter!

(battle tiara up top)

------------------------------

Athena

"Everyone ready?" I asked as I placed my new sword into its scabbard that is attached to my belt.

"Yes, my Queen." I heard echo through the room.

"Wait." Perseus said as he ran over to me.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"I'm fine." He smiled as he opened a cloth sack. "This is for you."

My eyes grew wide at the tiara. What is with this place and bejeweled crowns?

"But I thought I already had one?" I said confused. "And wasn't it filled with rubies."

Perseus chuckled. "Yes, my Queen. But this is a battle tiara."

"A battle tiara? Is that even a real thing?"

'It's pretty though.' Artemis laughed. 'So I'm not mad. And I actually really enjoy wearing crowns.'

"This isn't like a normal tiara. The way it's shaped makes it rest against your forehead." Perseus explained as he carefully placed it on my head. And he was right. I could feel where the jewel was located touching the middle of my forehead. "This is what the Queen wears when she goes into battle. It hasn't been worn for quite some time though, which is good. But seeing as how we are about to rescue King Ares, you should wear it. And it's also very special."

"Why is it special?" I asked interestedly. "Besides the fact that the Queen wears it when she goes into battle."

"It was a gift to the very first werewolf Queen from the Moon Goddess herself." Perseus smiled as he held up a mirror for me to see my reflection.

"No way." I said amazed as I looked at it. The emerald sparkled in the light and the gold looked really smooth.

"When you shift, the tiara doesn't break or bend. In fact, it kind of shifts with you." Perseus explained. "Don't ask me how because no one has ever been able to find out how it does it. But it does."

"This is so badass." I laughed.

Perseus gave me a chuckle. "I'm glad you like it, my Queen."

Once I was done staring at the tiara in the mirror, I turned to face the warriors. Some were still getting their weapons ready and cleaned, but more of them were ready and waiting for my command.

I cleared my throat and everyone turned their attention to me.

'Take a deep breath.' Artemis said reassuringly. 'You got this girl.'

"Listen." I started. "I can't help but feel that it's all my fault that Ares was kidnapped. And even though I haven't been you Queen for long, this is my pack and no one messes with my pack."

"Woohoo!" Apollo hollered.

I rolled my eyes and continued my speech. "We are going to get Ares back and finally take down Rick. We are going to show them what the Royal Blue Moon Pack is all about. They will bow down before us and beg for mercy."