Chapter 2: Birthday From Hell

All my finals are done!!! I'm so happy and I passed all my classes. Ugh. So much weight has been lifted off my shoulders haha.

And I'm really liking how you guys are catching onto the names ;)

Anywhore. First chapter down, now onto the second one!

(Apollo up top)

---------------------------

Athena

I growled as my alarm clock went off. It was the same damn routine every day and I was growing tired of it.

'Maybe today will be different?' I thought to myself as I started to get dressed.

'Happy birthday!' Artemis howled.

'Thank you!' I smiled. I'm so thankful for Artemis, she's the only one who wishes me a happy birthday. Well, the other members do too, but it's usually after they punch me in the face. It's always a fun way to start off the day if you can't tell.

'Hurry up Athena! We have to look cute today!'

I chuckled at her enthusiasm. 'Aren't you the one who told me not to get too excited because finding your mate on the day of your birthday was very rare?'

She was quiet for a minute before she let out a low growl. 'Shut up and get dressed.'

I laughed harder as she continued to rant and growl. I love her so much.

"Athena!" Megan yelled through the intercom.

"Coming!" I responded as I threw my door open and ran down the stairs.

After nearly falling down the stairs and tripping on my face, I made it to the kitchen where Megan stood with her arms crossed.

"I understand it's your birthday and all, but that doesn't give you the right to slack off."

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"Seriously? Speak up, you dumb bitch. And I told you yesterday, it's Luna to you."

"I'm sorry...Luna." I said speaking louder.

'One of these days I'm going to tear her to shreds.' Artemis growled.

Megan smirked. "Good job following the rules."

I opened my mouth to say something, but an amazing scent caught my attention instead.

What the?

'Mate!' Artemis howled in excitement. 'Oh my gosh!'

I almost matched her excitement. But then a thought hit me. My mate is from my pack. The pack that has beaten me for as long as I can remember. He was one of them.

"Are you even listening to me?" Megan asked as she shoved me back.

"Ow." I cringed as I landed on my back.

"What are you guys cooking in the kitchen?" Alpha Rick moaned as he walked down the stairs. "It smells amazing!"

I gasped as Alpha Rick and I locked eyes.

No, no, no. Please Moon Goddess, let this be some stupid trick.

"W-what?" Alpha Rick asked in disgust as he looked at me.

"No." I whispered.

"What is going on?" Megan asked as she looked between us. It took a moment or two but she finally realized what was going on. "Oh, you got to be joking."

"This has to be some sick joke that the Moon Goddess is playing on me." Alpha Rick growled.

'I'm just going to pretend that didn't hurt.' Artemis retorted, hurt evident in her voice.