Chapter 16: Rescued Just In Time

Ugh. I love coming home. I hate living in the city. I miss the country soooo much. Oh well. A couple more years and I will be out of there!

Anywhore. Enough with my problems, let's get to the story!

------------------------------------

Athena

I growled as Jason ran towards me and shifted.

'Do you have a plan?' I asked. 'Because I don't know about you, but I know that I can't take a royal third.'

I quickly dodged just in time and I turned around to see another wolf run towards me.

'That's Apollo.' Artemis said. 'Maybe he can help us?'

'Are you kidding me?' I asked snapping as Apollo got closer.

'It was just a thought!' Artemis defended.

'I really don't think he's going to help us.' I growled as I jumped up to dodge a tackle.

Apollo stopped by shoving his paws into the dirt and he quickly turned around to charge me again.

'We aren't fighting Rick, Artemis. These are real-life royals who have been training their entire lives.' I pointed out.

I let out a grunt as Janus knocked me over. But before he could bite me, I rolled over and jumped back on my feet.

He let out a growl and stalked closer towards me.

'You just gotta fight the best you can.' Artemis sighed.

I let out a growl and charged Janus.

But before I could reach him, another wolf came towards me and head-butted my side when I wasn't looking.

I let out a whimper as I hit the tree and slid down. No doubt getting splinters in my skin.

'That's gonna hurt in the morning.' Artemis said.

I scoffed. 'Yeah if I make it that long.''

I growled and slowly got up. I looked up and saw all three of them stalking towards me.

'Your best bet is to go against the warrior.' Artemis said. 'He is the weakest out of the three and you have a better chance of beating him over the other two.'

Right as I was about to jump towards him, a ball of fire landed in between us and smoke started to rise up like crazy.

'Wolfsbane.' Artemis hissed.

The royals all growled and backed away quickly, but I could see the smoke catching up to them.

My eyes got wide at the thought of hunters, but then I remember how Hecate saved me the first time.

'Do you think it's Hecate?' I asked as I felt myself getting weak.

Another ball of fire landed next to the first one and the smoke got closer.

The wolfsbane caused us all to shift, but it was hard to see because of how thick the smoke was getting.

"Athena." A soothing voice said.

I looked up through hooded eyes and saw the familiar warm, brown eyes.

"Hecate." I said weakly.

"Hold your breath the best you can." She said quietly as she placed a blanket over me. "I got you. It's going to be okay. I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner."

I felt Hecate lift me up and carry me as she ran.

I looked over and saw Jason on the ground knocked out.