Chapter 33: Let's Save Ares

Soooooo. I hate the heat.

That is all.

P.S. Special thanks to my best friend Wolfheart for helping me write part of this chapter. I was struggling lmao. Good lord, it was bad.

Anywhore. On with the next chapter!

(sword up top)

---------------------------------

Athena

"Is everyone here?" I asked as I stood up from my chair.

"Yes." Apollo nodded.

"Good. Let's get down to business." I said as everyone watched me. "Ares is at my old pack, probably in the cellar that Rick has. We need to get him back."

"How are we going to do that?" Circe asked. "He's going to have that place heavily guarded since he's holding the King captive."

"We are going to surprise him." I smirked. "I want Perseus to get his snipers ready. The first wave of guards is going to be pretty close to the territory border. Theseus and his team will let us know where they are stationed. Rick will probably have some hiding, so Theseus, we are counting on you."

"You won't be disappointed." Theseus smiled proudly.

"I know." I smiled back. "Once you find out where they are stationed, Perseus' team will take them out. Then, Circe and her team will take out the second wave of guards once Theseus locates them as well."

"I like this." Circe smirked. "I'm totally down to kick some ass."

"Keep that determination." I laughed.

Ever since we talked in the dungeon, she's not that mean to me anymore. I wouldn't say she fully likes me just yet, but she's getting there.

"Won't they know we are coming?" Atlas asked.

I shook my head. "Hecate is making enough potions for us as we speak. It's going to be the same thing that we did at the store. We are going to hide our scent so we can sneak up on them. Theseus and his team can pretty much already go undetected, but with this potion, it's basically a guarantee that Rick's pack won't know what hit them."

"Then what?" Janus asked.

"Once the second wave is out, Theseus and his team will make another round to make sure there aren't any more hidden guards. Rick's pack isn't small, but he certainly doesn't have enough members to have too many posts. He's got to have most of them back at the pack house with him and also guarding Ares cell. And with Ares being the Alpha King, I know it's going to be heavily guarded." I answered. "If there happens to be a third wave of guards, are you okay with taking them out Circe?"

"Oh hell yeah!" She exclaimed as she slammed her palms on the table.

"Good." I nodded. "If there isn't a third wave, we move in. Take out any guard that you see, but do it quietly. We have to try and stay quiet. We need to keep the element of surprise."

"We have silver knives and guns with silver bullets and silencers. So that should help us." Apollo explained. "Try to refrain from shifting and use the guns of knives. If you absolutely need to shift, then you can. But let's try to use the quieter measures first."

"I agree." I nodded. "If we shift, that could bring unwanted attention and we need to at least get closer to Ares before shifting. If we make too much noise before we reach him, Rick could send a lot more wolves our way and it will be harder for us. But I also want you guys to be safe."

"What weapon would you like to use, my Queen?" Perseus asked, but I had a feeling he already knew.

"A sword." I said and he smiled and nodded.