Chapter 9: Lunch Is Interrupted

Not to be sexual, but am I the only one who enjoys showering a lot more than the regular person. Like idk how to explain it, but just the feeling of being so clean when you get out is amazing and it's just so comforting and it makes me happy and idk. I love that feeling.

So now here I am enjoying a nice cup of coffee before I have to head into work.

Anywhore. Enough of my weirdness. Let's get on with the chapter!

--------------------------------

Athena

I jumped and got into a fighting stance as a loud ding woke me up.

'Calm down there Hulk.' Artemis howled in laughter. 'It was just your phone.'

I looked over at my bedside table as saw that my phone's screen was lit up.

My shoulders dropped and the tense sensation left my body.

"Right." I mumbled out loud. "I knew that."

I picked up my phone, put my password in, and clicked on the message.

Hecate: Good morning dear. I left early this morning because I'm running low on the flowers and I needed to get some more. There a little ways away so I'm going to be gone all day, but hopefully be back sometime tonight. I'm really sorry that I can't be there. I was hoping that you could run to town for me real quick, I forgot to pick up those little glass bottles. They sell them at Hobby Lobby. You may take the wrangler and just please don't crash it LOL.

I huffed slightly, but couldn't help letting out a small laugh.

I'm not that bad, am I?

'Just a little.' Artemis teased.

I rolled my eyes. 'Be quiet.'

Me: No problem! And I promise not to crash your baby haha.

My phone dinged again before I had the chance to set it down.

Hecate: Thank you so much dear! I really do appreciate it. I even left you a little extra cash to get lunch somewhere if you wanted. Hobby Lobby is about a mile down the road from Wal-Mart. If you want, you can type Hobby Lobby into your maps and it will bring it up. There is also a couple potions next to the cash for you! Be safe :)

Me: I will! And you too! :)

I smiled as I set my phone down and walked to the bathroom.

'What's got you so happy?' Artemis laughed.

'I don't know.' I smiled to myself as I turned on the shower. 'I guess just having someone care about me is really nice.'

'That's understandable.' Artemis agreed. 'I really like her too. She is so caring and she has this amazing personality. Can we keep her?'

I laughed out loud as I rinsed the shampoo out of my hair. 'Yes, we can.'

'Yes!' Artemis howled. 'But I'm serious. She's like the mom we never had.'

I sighed sadly but put a smile on my face. 'I agree. Although I would have really liked to meet my real mom, Hecate is the next best thing. She really does treat me like a daughter.'

I continued to talk with Artemis and get ready to head out. It didn't take long really. I dried my hair and decided to leave it down and I grabbed a sweatshirt and a pair of skinny jeans with my new combat boots.

'Do you know what I just realized?' I asked as I grabbed the cash and the keys to the jeep.

'What's that?' Artemis asked.