Chapter 10: Bad Dreams

So it is currently -35 right now...and I have to go outside. Please pray for me.

And because I haven't done one of these in a while, I'm going to be following back everyone who follows me on wattpad, instagram, and twitter. (w: MommaShifter, I: mommashifter66, and T: Possibilites2) Hello following spree of 2019!

Anywhore. I'm going to distract myself and write this chapter!

-------------------------------

Athena

"Did you really think you could hide forever?" Rick laughed as my arms were being held by two men. "So pathetic."

He growled as he palm came across my face.

I cried out in pain and I felt the tears fall from my face.

"You are so pathetic, Athena." Rick growled as he grabbed my jaw. "It's funny that you thought that you could get away with what you did. You committed treason."

I growled and spat in his face.

He flinched backward and brought a hand up to wipe my spit from his face.

He growled even louder than last time and curled up his fist before punching me in the face.

I howled in pain as I felt blood fill my mouth. I opened my mouth and watched as blood poured from it.

'Athena!' Artemis cried. 'Stop antagonizing him!'

"You little bitch!" He yelled as lifted up his foot and kicked me.

The force from his kick knocked me out of the men's grasp and onto the cold, hard ground.

"You will pay dearly for this and I am going to love every minute of beating the life from your body." Rick threatened as he walked towards me.

His steps matched my heartbeat and I'm pretty sure everyone around us could hear it.

I struggled to get up and every time I was close, I would fall back down again.

Rick laughed as he watched me. "You are so weak, Athena. So pathetic."

"T-That's not t-true." I stuttered as blood filled my mouth again.

"No wonder your parents left you." He laughed again as he knelt down to my level.

"Stop." I whispered.

"They saw how much of a pathetic little wolf you would be-"

"Stop." I cried as I cut him off.

"And they didn't want to deal with that failure called Athena." Rick smirked. "If you were my daughter, I would have abandoned you too."

I let out a cry of pain as I felt my heart shatter.

'Athena!' Artemis cried as I felt her pain match mine.

"You committed treason, Athena. And that is punishable by death." Rick continued as he stood up and walked over to Megan.

She smiled as she held out a silver sword.

'Athena please!' Artemis cried again. 'You need to stand up! Come on!'

"Bring her over to me." Rick growled as he grabbed the sword.

"No!" I struggled as they pulled me from the ground.