Chapter 23: Taking A Chance

Currently writing this chapter because my cat doesn't let me sleep in anymore. So thank you for that...

So today is pretty cold and usually, my allergies aren't as bad on cold days. Well. My allergies are literally kicking my ass and I'm so confused because they are never this bad on days like today. So here I am basically dying and I look outside to see a guy mowing the lawn. Like you suck lmao. I'm sitting here dying because you had the audacity to mow the lawn XD The nerve of some people.

Anywhore. Time for the chappie!

--------------------------

Athena

"Wait." I heaved as I tried to breathe in between laughing. "You did what to his soup?"

Perseus composed himself from his laughing fit earlier and everyone waited for him to continue. "King Eros and I may have added one too many chili flakes."

"I remember this." Ares chuckled. "My dad told me this story when I was young. It was one of my favorites."

"Your grandfather did not like spicy food." Perseus continued. "I don't know how, but your father convinced me to help him out with his plan. What a trickster he was."

"How mad was he?" Apollo asked, waiting impatiently for the answer.

"After he had several glasses of milk, he wasn't too mad. He knew right away that it was his son that had done the prank."

"And boy was my dad in trouble." Ares added.

The guys started to laugh and Hecate chuckled.

"He was always a prankster. He tried to get me a couple of times. Never worked." Hecate winked.

I looked up and Ares' face was red from laughing so hard at Perseus' stories.

'Oh my gosh.' Artemis howled. 'Look at him. Damn!'

'Easy there.' I chuckled. But she was right. Ares was the most handsome man I have ever seen.

'So much better than Rick.' She growled.

'I agree with you there.' I shivered at the memories. 'I wonder how we got a second mate.'

'I have no idea.' Artemis replied confused. 'I've never heard of a wolf getting another chance with a mate. Even if their mate died. They wouldn't get another one.'

'So what makes us so special?'

'Maybe the Moon Goddess has a plan for us?' Artemis said unsurely.

'This whole situation is just bizarre.' I sighed.

I jumped slightly out of surprise as I felt someone nudge my arm.

"You okay?" Ares asked.

I nodded my head with a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Come on. I want to show you something." Ares smiled as he grabbed my hand and dragged m out of the kitchen.

"But what about the stories?" I whined. I really liked those.

"You can listen to his stories another time." He laughed.

Aw man.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Ares put his coat around my shoulder and took me out the back door.

"You'll see." He answered giving me a goofy smile.

I clutched the coat tight as the breeze hit me. Gotta love the cold weather.

We stopped walking until we came up to a large, white colored gazebo.

"What are y-" I started, but Ares cut me off as he held up his hand.