Chapter 26: Training

Who is ready for a new chapter?????????

I know I am!!!

Drinking some coffee, eating some cereal, and listening to music. Love that.

But in honor of my birthday, I wanted to do something nice for you guys. So please enjoy this chapter as my gift to you! <3

Anywhore. Let's start.

------------------------------

Athena

"Put your back into it men!" Perseus shouted from the edge of the battlefield.

I watched amazed as the warriors moved around the field with such agility, it was hard to keep up with them.

"That's the best you got?" Apollo smirked, clearly getting under Ares' skin.

Ares growled and shot forward with such speed that I have never seen. I didn't even know someone could move that fast.

It seemed like slow motion as Ares appeared in front of Apollo is a matter of seconds and shoulder checked him, causing Apollo to fly across the field and into a nearby tree.

Apollo grunted but stood up laughing. "Nice one man."

I stood dumbfounded. Shouldn't Apollo be hurt? Or dead?

"Royal Blood." Perseus chuckled at my expression.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"His strength, speed, everything is multiplied by ten."

"But isn't that because he's a werewolf?"

"You're correct. He is already faster because he's a werewolf. But he's also the Alpha King and he's of Royal Blood." Perseus explained. "So if he were to unleash his ultimate power in battle, he would be unstoppable."

"Ultimate power?" I asked confused as I turned to face him.

"You don't know?" Perseus asked shocked.

"I...I didn't have the best time at my old pack." I said awkwardly. Perseus looked like he wanted to say something, but he chose not to.

"Nice punch." Apollo wheezed as he stood up slowly. "Damn."

Ares smirked and kissed his arms.

Good lord...

"Because King Ares is of Royal Blood, he has greater power than the average wolf. But it doesn't come easy. You have to learn how to unlock it." Perseus continued.

"How do you know if you can unlock it?" I asked intrigued.

"You don't." Perseus answered. "Every wolf here goes through certain tests to determine if they are of Royal Blood. There's no other way to tell."

"What are the tests?" I asked.

I wonder if I have to go through those. But there's no way I'm of Royal Blood.

Perseus went to answer, but stopped once he saw Ares coming towards us.

"My King." Perseus bowed. "Excellent form."

Ares rolled his eyes and chuckled. "You can tell me what you really think."

"It was a sloppy form." Perseus said without missing a beat.

I had to throw my hands over my mouth to keep myself from laughing out loud.

"I know it was." Ares groaned.

"You are letting Royal Beta Apollo get under your skin." Perseus said sternly. "You need to learn how to control that."

"I know but-" Ares started but Perseus cut him off.