Chapter 15: Houston We Have A Problem

I honestly don't get why people have to steal book ideas. Like just make your own. Good Lord.

Anywhore. Ignoring my homework for a little so I can write this for you lovelies.

----------------------------------

Athena

It has been a little over two months since I first moved in with Hecate and things have been going really well. The royals don't suspect anything.

'Doesn't mean we can let our guards down though.' Artemis reminded me.

'I know, I know.' I nodded as I folded my laundry and listened to my music off of my phone. 'I never said I was going too.'

'I just wanted to remind you.' Artemis said.

'Thank you.' I smiled.

I love having Artemis as my wolf. She was honestly my best friend and I couldn't have asked for anyone else. I don't know what I would do without her.

My phone buzzed and I took it out of my pocket.

Hecate: Either you are ignoring me or listening to music. Open up haha.

I chuckled and took the earbud out of my ear and opened my door.

"Hi dear." Hecate laughed. "What are you up too?"

"Putting away clothes." I said as I opened my drawer and put the socks inside. "What can I do for you?"

"This late?" Hecate laughed as she looked at the time.

"I kind of forgot about it." I said nervously.

Hecate tsked at me with a smirk.

"Hey!" I yelled with my mouth open. "You are the one who distracted me with Mario Kart!"

Hecate shrugged. "If you fold as good as you play, well then, I feel bad for your laundry."

"That's harsh." I said with a glare. "I want a rematch."

She winked at me and laughed. "Might need to practice more."

"You're going down."

"Bring it deary." Hecate teased. "Anyway. I'm off."

"Ooh." I drawled out. "Someone got a hot date?"

With the way she was dressed, I would say so.

Hecate blushed slightly. "Maybe. But that is none of your concern!"

I laughed as I ran after Hecate.

"What's his name? What does he do for a living? Where did you guys meet? How old is he?" I asked firing questions. "Actually. How can you date? Aren't you like, a lot older than everyone else?"

Hecate gasped and glared at me as I busted up. "I'm only two hundred years old for your information!"

I held my hands up and laughed. "But seriously. Who is the guy?"

"His name is Travis, he's a mechanic over at the shop in the city, I met him when I was grocery shopping two weeks ago, and he is forty-three years old. Any more questions?"

"Actually yes." I said nodding.

Hecate groaned. "What now?"

"Any priors? Was he married before? Does he have children?"

She was about to answer, but a door closing made her stop.

"I'll be back." Hecate laughed as she hugged me and kissed my forehead.