Chapter 6: Robin Hood

You know what I love.......having neighbors that are unnecessarily loud. I'm not kidding you. I was woken up at 6 the other morning because my neighbor decided that they wanted to drill something. Who. The. Fuck. Drills. At. 6. In. the. Damn. Morning... WHO?! And now, they decided to start slamming stuff. No joke. It sounds like they are picking up heavy boxes and then just dropping them on the floor for no fucking reason. Oh my gosh.

But guess who is moving to a different apartment and won't have to deal with those assholes?! Me!!!!! My landlord is letting me upgrade to the other complex because of this. Yay!!!!

Anywhore...on with this chapter!!!

-----------------------

Athena

"What are you doing up so early?" Hecate asked as she looked back at the clock on the stove.

I gave her a nervous smile. "This is usually the time that I woke up to start cooking breakfast for my pack."

"That's not right." She mumbled to herself as she continued to stir. "I swear. If I ever get my hands on them, I will turn them into a toad."

"Can you really do that?" I asked excitedly.

"I wish dear. Do you know how much fun that would be?" She started to laugh. "I'm not that kind of witch. I just work with potions mostly."

"Damn." I laughed. "What are you making?"

"Pancakes." She smiled. "I was going to bring them up to you."

"Oh. Sorry." I apologized sheepishly.

She shook her head. "That's okay. I hope you like vanilla."

"You put vanilla in your pancakes?" I asked confused.

She nodded her head as she continued to stir. "I do. It was something that my mother did and she passed it down to me. It makes them taste so much better."

"My mouth is watering already."

"Good." She winked. "Later, I have to go into town to do get some groceries. Would you like to come with?"

'It would be good to get out for a little bit.' Artemis mentioned. 'And to get a look around.'

"I'd love too." I smiled widely. "I would love to see the area."

"Good, good." She replied happily and she poured the pancake mix on the skillet.

My mouth watered even more as they sizzled and a huge wave of vanilla hit my nose.

"I can really smell the vanilla." I spoke up. And right on cue, my stomach let out a loud growl.

Hecate laughed as her eyes twinkled. "Looks like someone is hungry."

"I'm sorry!" I apologized quickly. "I can't even remember the last time I actually had a meal."

Hecate's expression turned sad before it turned dark. "Times like these I really wish I could turn someone into a toad."

I nodded. "I hear you."

Hecate walked to the fridge and got some milk, apple juice, and OJ out of the fridge before she turned back to the skillet. She carefully flipped all the pancakes onto a plate and put the plate in the center of the table.

"I don't know which drink you like more." She said as she placed a cup down in front of me. "So I brought them all out."

"Apple juice is perfect." I smiled as she poured me a glass. "Oh. You didn't have to do that."