Chapter 36: Crashing The Auction

I've had this headache for over two months. I'm seriously so over.

But on the bright side. I finally painted my nails after having them bare for over a month lmao. It feels so good to have painted nails again.

Anywhore. On with this chappie chap chap.

---------------------------------------

Ares

I growled as I clutched my fists. If it wasn't for this stupid wolfsbane, I would have linked my members already.

'Look at all of their smug faces.' Zeus growled. 'I want to kill them all.'

I did too. Looking at all the familiar faces as they stared up at me.

Some of the biggest hunting families were here in this room or whatever this place was.

'This is the type of place where horror movies take place.' Zeus commented.

I couldn't help but agree as I took in the dirt floors and walls. Plus I'm sitting in a chair on this weird wooden platform type thing. Don't know what that is about.

"I'm glad that all of you could join me today." Rick smiled as he stepped next to me. "Now. This isn't going to be our normal type of auction. No. We have a special guest today."

"Wait, wait. Just hold up." I said in disbelief. "You mean to tell me that I'm not the first wolf you have sold?"

'I've seen some evil stuff in my existence but this has to be the worst.' Zeus growled.

Rick smirked. "How else do you think I'm so rich?"

"You're an alpha." I commented. "What about the money that your parents left you?"

Rick rolled his eyes. "They took all their money with them when they left."

"So you've been selling wolves to these hunters?" I growled in anger. "What kind of werewolf does that?"

"They are only rogues." He scoffed. "No one cares about them anyway."

I growled as I struggled against my restraints, trying to ignore the burning sensation from the wolfsbane. "You are a monster."

"Why thank you." He mocked bowed. "That really does mean a lot coming from you."

The hunters that stood before us laughed.

"I can't wait to bid." One smiled as he stared at me.

"I have some more rogues for you guys to bid on in the cellar, so don't be discouraged if you don't buy our dear King Ares here." Rick promised. "I wouldn't want you gentleman to leave empty-handed."

'He's like a human trafficker.' Zeus said in disgust. 'Except he sells wolves to hunters so they can slaughter them.'

'Well we don't exactly know if he sells female rogues.' I said. 'And I really don't want to think about that right now.'

"What is the starting bid for Ares?" Another hunter asked.

"Ten million dollars." Rick answered.

I was about to comment, but I paused as I lifted my nose to the air and took a whiff. My eyes grew wide and I smelled lavender.

'Is Athena here?' Zeus asked excitedly.

'I-I think so.' I said confused as I looked around. 'But I don't smell anyone else.'

'Maybe they drank one of Hecate's potions.' Zeus suggested.

I smirked to myself. My mate is a genius.