Chapter 19: Choices

I will never understand why my cat chooses to scratch the doors when he has a PERFECTLY GOOD SCRATCHING POST RIGHT NEXT TO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the screaming. It just irritates me lmao. Kinda felt like Sparta there for a moment.

And he keeps jumping on top of the cube that is next to my bed and knocking everything over. I have a spray bottle that I use every time he does it but he still won't stop. Any suggestions??

Anywhore. On with this chappie!

--------------------------------

Ares

"I'm sorry for jumping on you." I heard a voice apologize quietly.

And man did that voice sound like an angel.

I looked ahead on saw a short girl talking to Jason.

"Athena." Apollo whispered with a smile.

"Yeah, I got that." I joked. "Zeus is going crazy."

But can you blame him? This girl is the definition of perfection. Long, wavy, brown hair with an angelic voice. And I remember Apollo and Janus saying she was a little skinny, which I can see.

'Why is she so skinny?' Zeus asked confused as we walked up to them.

'I don't know. Hecate said something about her having a hard past so maybe that might be the reason.' I said. 'But she won't be skinny for long. I'll make her whatever she wants to eat.'

"Great." She nodded before turning to Hecate. "Now can we please leave before the Alpha King shows up?"

"I'm going to try and not take offense to that." I said.

'Too late.' Zeus growled.

She screamed and jumped around. But her fist also came with.

Her fist hit me square in the chest. I tried not to laugh as her face scrunched up.

"Ow." She groaned as she rubbed her knuckles.

I watched her freeze for a second before her eyes traveled to mine.

'Mate.' Zeus growled happily.

"Hi Athena." I smiled.

She quickly dropped her eyes and bowed her head. "Hello, Alpha King Ares."

I sighed and I carefully lifted her chin up so she could look at me in the eyes.

"Please. Just call me Ares." I smiled. "And you don't have to bow. You're my mate, we are equal."

I'm pretty sure she could feel the sparks because the next thing I know, her eyes get big and she turns her head so it falls out of my grasp.

There was an awkward silence between us and I don't think either of us knew what to say.

'Can we just beg her for acceptance?' Zeus asked.

'Since when do you beg?' I laughed as I let my eyes wander over her beautiful face.

'I don't. But I will when it comes to my mate. Have you seen how sexy she is?' He howled.

I internally rolled my eyes. Good Lord.

"Well, this is a lovely night." Apollo said breaking that awkward silence as he looked up. "The stars are beautiful."

I watched as Athena smiled softly and looked up at the sky. The way that the moonlight is reflecting off of her skin is breathtaking and I don't ever want it to stop.