Chapter 22: Story Time

The cutest little puppies came into work today. Oh my gosh! I wanted to kidnap them all. Not gonna lie.

Also. Just ran out of all my coffee creamer. I'm going to go cry.

And I've been trying to make my chapters longer for your guys. I'm working on it haha.

Anywhore. On with the chapter!!!

-----------------

Ares

The past week has been amazing. No rogues, plus, Athena and I went out on a couple more dates. It seems like she's really starting to warm up to me and I honestly couldn't be happier. Although she still hasn't spoken a lot about her past. But that's okay because I don't want to push her and ruin all of this.

"My King." Perseus said from the doorway. "Hecate and the Queen have arrived."

"Send them in please." I smiled as I stood up to make sure I looked presentable and walked out of my office to meet them in the living room.

I called Athena yesterday and asked her if she wanted to come see the castle for the first time and possibly meet some of the wolves that live here. Everyone has been waiting anxiously to meet her, but I told them to not get their hopes up. Athena is still a little weary around new people and I didn't want to make her do something that she wouldn't like.

I smiled as I saw Athena come around the corner. Her eyes were wide as she took in the castle and she had a ghost of a smile on her beautiful lips.

'Oh my gosh.' Zeus sighed in content. 'Look at her.'

"Ares." Athena said breathlessly. "It's beautiful. I've never seen anything like it."

"Isn't it?" I asked as I looked around.

Paintings and statues covered the walls and beautiful diamond chandeliers hung from the high ceilings.

"I've never seen a place so big." Athena said as she continued to look around. "The flower patch outside was the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen."

"Well, second most gorgeous." I winked.

"I'm going to throw up." Apollo mumbled rolling his eyes as Athena blushed.

Athena continued to look around before her eyes landed on a portrait. She looked confused and walked up to it, stopping when she got right in front of it.

"My parents." I explained as I walked up behind her. I smiled at the pictures of my parents posing in front of the castle. The first time that they got to live in it as a married couple.

"Your mother was beautiful." She said amazed.

"Yes, she was." I agreed as I stared at my mom smiling in the picture.

"I'm starving." Apollo groaned.

Way to ruin the moment.

I turned around and saw him sprawled out on the couch, half of his body on the floor.

"You are literally the most dramatic person I have ever met." I teased.

"Only when I'm hungry!" He defended as he stood up.

"Then let's head to the kitchen." Janus smiled.

"Wait." Athena said nervously.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly. Why does she look embarrassed?

She nodded as she stepped up on her tiptoes to reach my ear. "I have to pee."

I chuckled. "Down the hall, take a left, and it's the third door on the right."