Chapter 12: Driving

Sorry for the late update. Work was fucking crazy. So now that I've showered and got some food in my very empty stomach, let's get this chapter up lol.

Also random side note. My cat is currently kneading or whatever they do on my shoulder and not to be dramatic or anything, but he is puncturing my body with his claws lmao.

To all of you cat owners out there, do they like to sit on your laptop when you are trying to use it? But won't go near the thing if you aren't using it? Because that's what mine does lol.

Anywhore. Let's get on with this chapter!

------------------

Athena

"Remember what I told you. Just focus on the road and you'll be good." Hecate smiled as she looked me in the eyes.

I nodded. "I passed the written part of the exam with flying color. I will be okay Hecate."

"Oh! And make sure you're paying attention to your surroundings."

I nodded again with a laugh. "I will. Don't worry."

"And check your mirrors. And make sure you use your seatbelt. And make su-"

"Hecate!" I groaned cutting her off. "Mr. Smith is waiting for me by the car."

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." She sighed. "I'm just nervous."

"I will be okay." I smiled giving her a hug. "I'll see you in a little bit."

"Alright." She smiled. "I'll be in the waiting room when you are done."

I let her go and with a smile, I walked over to the car.

"Are you ready?" Mr. Smith asked.

I nodded. "Yes, I am."

"Your mom seems like such a kind lady." Mr. Smith commented as he closed his door.

"She is." I agreed as I buckled up my seatbelt.

"Let's begin." Mr. Smith smiled as he held up his clipboard.

I have been driving for about thirty minutes now and we are on our way back to the DMV.

It's going good so far. Besides this one jerk who cut me off and gave me the middle finger. Damn was Artemis mad.

'You should have let me at him. I could have gotten him to apologize.' She piped up.

I rolled my eyes at her and chuckled to myself. 'I'm just glad he didn't count anything against me.'

I brought the car to a stop as the stop light in front of us turned red.

My thumbs tapped to the rhythm of the radio, but my eyes went wide as I saw Apollo and Janus coming out of a store on Main Street.

'Well, shit.' I mumbled as I noticed that they had a couple more wolves with them.

'Royals.' Artemis mentioned. 'Although I'm guessing warriors.'

I think she was right. The three other men were fairly big, muscle and height wise, but not as big as Apollo and Janus.

As if they knew I could see them, Apollo turned his head my way.

I quickly turned my head away from his and used my hand to block my face so he couldn't see me through the window.

'Smooth. Real smooth.' Artemis teased.

The light turned green and I let my foot off the break and hit the gas.

'Do you think he saw me?' I asked worriedly.