Chapter 20: Maybe He's Not Bad After All

When you decide to write chapters instead of doing homework #ohwell #illregretthislater

Also. My eye will not stop twitching and it's really getting on my nerves lol.

Anywhore. On with this little chapter!

Jk. It's not little. It's long ;)

...I need Jesus.

---------------------------------------------------

Athena

The next morning wasn't any different.

And it was nice that Ares kept his word about his men. They stand back pretty far and it honestly seems like they aren't there.

Although. One did fall out of a tree and he had to come inside so Hecate could treat the giant gash on his leg. For being a royal, he was very clumsy.

"Are you okay dear?" Hecate asked after she took a sip of her water. "You haven't touched your food."

I stopped spacing out and looked up. "Yeah, I'm okay. Just thinking."

"Everything taste alright?" Lilly asked with her usual warm smile.

Hecate nodded and smiled back. "Wonderful."

"Great." Lilly said. "Here's your check. Just pay when you're ready."

"Thank you." Hecate said.

Lilly smiled and nodded before walking back to the register to help another customer.

"Ares?" Hecate asked giving me a knowing look.

"I mean does he just expect me to say yes?" I asked sitting back in my chair.

"Athena." Hecate laughed. "Ares doesn't expect anything. Does he want you to say yes? Of course he does. But is he going to force you to say it? No."

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I've known him ever since he was born. His mother was a very good friend of mine and his father was a kind man." Hecate explained. "Ares is a kind boy. Very sweet, thoughtful, and respectful. I'm not trying to make you say yes, but I want you to know that he would never hurt you like Rick did. That is not Ares."

"I guess you're right." I agreed. "I mean even my first impression of him was nothing compared to Rick's."

Hecate winked. "Told ya. But I still don't want you to feel like you have to say yes."

"Oh, gee thanks." Ares laughed as he walked up to our table. "I thought you were on my side."

"You didn't pay me enough." Hecate teased.

I laughed a little and Ares smiled over at me.

"You look really nice today Athena." Ares complimented.

I cursed myself as I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"What are you doing here?" Hecate asked. "Stalking poor Athena?"

Ares laughed and shook his head. "No. Jason had to give me a report."

"And you couldn't wait for it at your office?" She asked giving him a smirk and a knowing look.

"No." He admitted. "Jason told me he was here and that only meant that Athena was here. And I wanted to see her."

Cue the blushing.

But as I looked closer at Ares, I noticed he too was blushing.

'Oh how cute.' Artemis laughed.

"Someone's blushing." Hecate teased as she got up. "I'll be right back. I'm going to pay the bill."