Chapter 27: Royal Blood

How is everyone doing today??

I'm tired. And hungry. And tired. But my cat is FINALLY sleeping, so it's the perfect time to write some chapters lmao.

Also. I am so sorry for everyone living in Georgia, Alabama, and Ohio.

I'm moving to Canada. Or Japan. Because there, women actually have control over their own bodies #shadealltheway #teaispipinghot

Anywhore. On with this chappie!

-----------------------

Athena

I set the sword down on the table and took off the helmet.

That was the weirdest training session ever. How did I know what to do with the sword? And how on earth did I block all of those hits?

'I don't know but that was awesome!' Artemis gushed.

I laughed slightly. 'Thanks. But still. I've never even seen a sword in real life. How did I do that?'

'Who cares! Girl, you beat Perseus!' Artemis continued.

'Yeah.' I sighed taking off the chest plate.

"Hey dear." Hecate said as she walked up to me. "You did great out there."

"Thank you." I smiled. "Training is a lot of fun."

"You kicked ass out there!" Janus smiled.

"How did you do that?" Apollo asked with wide eyes.

"I-I have no idea." I gulped. "I really don't know what happened."

"What do you mean?" Hecate asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I saw Perseus come for me and then all of the sudden this warm feeling went through me and the next thing I know, I was moving and Perseus landed on the ground."

"Well whatever it was, you looked like you've been working with swords your whole life." Janus laughed.

"You have to show me those moves." Apollo said.

"You and me both." Perseus said as he walked over. "That was an excellent technique. Amazing form, perfect posture. Terrific."

"Thank you." I blushed while rubbing my neck.

"Let's take a water break." Ares said. "Then we can go to the small course over there."

I looked over to where Ares pointed and saw some big obstacles. "Wow. Those are tall."

"You don't have to go on those just yet." He said softly. "Those are walls that you have to climb over by pulling yourself up with a rope."

"Yeah." I paused. "I don't have the muscle for that just yet."

"It's okay." He smiled, kissing the top of my head and wrapping his arm around me.

"Are you sure, my King?" Perseus asked. But I couldn't help but notice the look in his eyes.

"Yes." Ares nodded. "I think she's ready for some of those."

Perseus looked a little hesitant but nodded anyway.

'What the hell is going on?' Artemis growled. 'First the little scene in the kitchen and now this?'

'I'm getting annoyed.' I agreed. 'I want to know what they are keeping from me.'

"I'm going to go grab a water bottle." I said suddenly and shrugged off Ares' arm.

As I was walking over to the coolers, I turned around and saw Perseus and Ares in a heated conversation.