5.)

GABBY
The next day

"Who's Sebastián? I asked looking at the envelope Nate had sitting on the desk. "Some guy Aug and Nell were doing business with. He's who they're ending da contract with."

"Contract?" I asked and he chuckled. "Business contract, they don't wanna renew it and I guess he's gonna try to talk dem into not leaving." He explained.

"Why do people try to keep people in the game? Especially when they're trying to leave and better their lives?" I asked.

"It's normal to dem, they feel like people like dat should give em their life, my pops always told me "Yuh haffi one way in but two ways out."

"And what's that?" I asked.

"Prison or dead." He answered and I frowned.

"Well... that's not pretty nice." I replied and he laughed sitting on the side of the bed and put his sneakers on.

"Da Streets ain't nice, it's jus a way to provide for yourself and fam temporarily until you come across something better." He stated, that I agreed with.

"If you and I met differently, do you think I'd be fit for the "street" life?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Not at all ma, streets ain't for everyone it's just a way to survive and provide. But you? Nah, you're too pretty for dat and way too smart to even have dat thought in your head." He said handing me his black bomber jacket.

"So because I'm pretty I'm built for the streets?" I asked smirking and he chuckled.

"That got nothing to do wit it ma, I'm saying I know you, which means it ain't built for you." He clarified.

"At least you think of it like that." I said then smiled and he smirked grabbing his wallet.

"I'm yo man, I'm supposed to want better for you and think better of you ma. I wouldn't be me if I thought any less babygirl."

Smiling, I grabbed his hand and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"I love you Pooh Bear." I cooed and he laughed.

"Come on wit da name G." He replied and I giggled hugging him.

"What's wrong with Pooh Bear?" I teased and he busted out laughing.

"No comment ma, no comment."

**

TRINA
Same day

"Since Sky and August ain't here, y'all wanna use us?" Nate joker after slapping hands with Nell.

"You know we love y'all." Nell said once we sat down.

We were having brunch at iHop.

"You know it's all love." Nate replied and I smiled looking over Gabby's outfit. "Q did your braids?" I asked.

"Yeah, he started to grip my edges and I had a fit." She replied and we both laughed.

"I see you beat your face to the Gods."