10.) Almost

NATE Jr.
The next morning

"What got you up so early?" Gabby asked walking into the bathroom

"What got you up so early?" Gabby asked walking into the bathroom. "It ain't that early."

"It's five thirty and you're standing in the mirror with a hat on staring at yourself." She said and I chuckled taking my hat off.

"I couldn't sleep, been thinking about my pops."

"What about?" She asked hopping on the sink. "I'm just tryna figure out why would someone move him and why didn't da people let my mom know." I answered then glanced at her.

"What are you thinking?"

"I don't know... something jus ain't adding up G." I told her and she rose a brow.

"Don't tell me you're thinking what your uncle and Ra have been thinking?" She inquired and I shrugged.

"What if he is alive though?"

"You said it yourself he's dead Nate... six bullets to his back, you told me you watched him die."

"Something could've happened though." I said.

"Well I don't want you over thinking that, it would be nice for him to be alive but he's gone Nate... you gotta let him go babe."

"Can't jus let him go that's my father."

"If I can teach myself to let my mom go knowing that I don't want to, then you can learn to let him go." She replied and I just stared at her for a moment.

"I think you should just go back to bed ma." I said stepping to the side and she furrowed her brows.

"Are you getting upset with me?"

"Nah... just want dis conversation to stop before it gets somewhere it shouldn't." I warned.

"Because I- ok fine never mind, just trying to help." She mumbled hopping down from the sink and walked out the bathroom.

Shaking my head, I blew out a breath.

"Lord I know this may be a reach but if my pops is somehow alive just send him back to us..."

"Nate?" Gabby called.

"I'm coming." I mumbled cutting the faucet on, bending down I splashed some cold water on my face then headed back inside the bedroom.

"You got like two hours before you gotta get up to wake up Ramel."

"I told him I would drop him off to school thirty minutes late if that's cool wit you." I told her as I climbed in bed behind her.

"Just don't make a habit out of it."

"This is the first time." I said and she laughed. "This would be the second time." She corrected