Chapter 43.) August...

Once Nell left, August made him a couple of sandwiches to eat then enjoyed a bag of SunChips before he went ahead and showered. As an attempt to sober up, the shower only made him sleepy, and he ended up falling asleep on the sofa for a few hours.

        The front door opening then closing woke him up and he slowly turned over catching Skylar's attention.

        She had the mail in her hand and the magazine.

"Wasn't trying to wake you," she mumbled turning around until he called her name.

Sitting up, he moved over so she could sit down.

"Let me apologize for tha' way I came at you," he began and she nodded.

"You just caught me off guard with everything Sky. You have a little sister, and you know I love tha' hell out of her as if I created her. I have nieces ma... you knew better,"

"I did, and I'm sorry. I honestly don't know why I went when I had thoughts... I guess I was scared of being stuck here by myself," she confessed

"I would've stayed with you Skylar, that's what you aren't understanding. Why would you put yourself at risk like dat? That's all I wanted to know,"

Shrugging, she stared at the mail. "I don't know August... I wasn't thinking,"

"You weren't, but I can't even stay mad at you because I should've known," he said.

"I still went though, it was my fault,"

"Mhm," he nodded staring at her briefly then at her flat stomach.

"What?" She laughed nervously.

"You're really about to give me a kid,"

"Are you excited... now?" She shyly smiled and he smirked.

"Of course, I was just upset ma. But I'm happy," he assured then pulled her onto his lap.

"You still love me?" She smirked messing with his chain.

"It depends, do you forgive me?"

"I should be asking you that," she giggled and he laughed.

"I do love you ma, dat won't ever change," he promised and she smiled staring at him.

"What do you want us to have?"

"Since we basically have a daughter, how about a boy?" He suggested.

"Daughter?" She frowned and he laughed nodding towards the photo of Bre.

"Ohhhhh," she giggled. "A boy would be cool,"

Smirking, he squinted his eyes at her and she bit down on her bottom lip.

"You don't want a boy do you?"

"I really want a girl," she confessed.

"I can settle for dat,"

"But is it what you really want?" She pressed.

Laughing, he nodded messing with her bracelet.

"I'm fine with whatever, they'll get loved tha' same," he told her and she smiled.

"Come upstairs," she smirked getting up.

"Why we can't do it down here?"

"I need space," she winked before walking away.