20.) Be Love

AUGUST & SKYLAR
July 21st

"Would you rather dis world to get taken over by aliens or zombies?" He asked as they laid on a blanket staring at the water.

They were having a picnic at the Lake.

"Well both are pretty damn scary if you ask me." Sky replied and he chuckled. "I would rather dis world get taken over by zombies, at least dem bastards won't know how to pick our brains and shoot laser guns." He told her and she busted out laughing.

"Shoot laser guns? Really Aug?" She asked and he chuckled nodding.

"You watched too many movies, that's science fiction."

"Nah, that's real life and I real life rather zombies come. At least we got guns to kill em with and I'm sure everyone would know how to protect themselves with all those movies we watched." He explained and she rose a brow.

"What we see on movies is way different than how things would be in real life. I'm pretty sure the zombies would be just as smart as aliens." She stated but he disagreed.

"Aliens got damn UFO's, laser guns, ray guns, luh machine shits and all dat other weird stuff. What do zombies got? Nothing but a virus."

She sat for a moment thinking on that.

"How long do you think we'll last if that were to happen?" She asked picking up a gummy worm.

"Da apocalypse?"

Nodding, Aug tapped his chin.

"Hopefully not years like on resident evil." He answered and she laughed.

"If I were to get locked up when you wait for me to get out or move on?" He asked.

"I'd wait." She answered and he looked over at her.

"If it were for like three or six years, I would want you to move on." He told her and she looked at him confused.

"Why?"

"It'll be selfish of me to want you to put your life on hold just because I got caught up doing shit I knew I shouldn't have been doing." He explained.

"For me to even ask you to wait for me knowing I was gonna be down for some years is selfish on my end. Why would I want you, da shortie I'm supposed to love, to sit in misery waiting on me knowing I fucked up? Why would I, as a man, want YOU to walk around pretending to be happy knowing damn well you deserve better than to wait on me to get out?"

She sat there and thought for a moment.

"You may say that or feel that way, but I'm pretty sure I would be strong enough to wait for you." She told him and he shrugged.

"It's not about being strong ma, it's about me being fair." He replied.

"Ok... well let's talk about something else." She said not liking where the conversation was going.

Chuckling, August sat up and stared out at the water.

"I think we were forced to grow up too fast."