17.) And so it begins

DIRTY DELTA
The next day

"How much you bet I can bag her?" Rico asked looking at Pedro. Seeing who the girl was, Pedro smirked.

"I got four hundred that says you can't." Pedro replied and Rico stared at him strangely, "Say no more." He said slapping hands with him.

Checking himself out in the car mirror, he fixed his tie before he strolled over towards Skylar.

She was too busy arguing with the customer service rep on the phone because they lost the gift she got for Bre.

"Excuse me?" Rico spoke tapping her shoulder and she looked at him with the most annoyed expression.

When he realized who she was, he glanced back at Pedro and shook his head.

"Four hundred dollars." He mouthed and Rico kissed his teeth turning back to Skylar.

Shaking her head, she went back to arguing with the guy and he laughed a little.

Tapping her again, Skylar stopped walking and removed her phone from her ear.

"Dirty Delta right?" She asked clearly annoyed.

"In the flesh." He replied then smirked and she gave him a funny look.

"Rose was it?"

Staring at him blankly, she looked behind him seeing Pedro standing there smirking.

"If you can remember my name then you should remember I got a man and he crazy as hell." She told him about to walk away but he grabbed her arm that was a little too tight for her liking.

"I beat niggas up." She warned pulling from his grasp.

Ignoring that comment, he slid his hands inside his pockets and stepped back a little.

"Can I take you out to lunch or buy you a drink?" He asked and she looked behind her then back at him putting two and two together.

"Did you no— didn't I j— boy bye." She dismissed placing the phone back to her ear, not liking the way she did his friend, Pedro walked over and snatched her phone out of her hand and threw it down.

Looking from her hand to the concrete to Pedro she had to take a moment to let things register.

"Word to mommy I'm finna smack da dog shit out of you son." She spat shoving him back then bent down to pick her phone up.

Rico looked at him like he lost his mind and all he did was shrug.

"What the fuck is "word to mommy?" He asked clearly unbothered by her threat and she tilted her head.

"It's means I'm about to give you dat real Harlem work my guy." She warned pushing him back and he chuckled.

"Yo ass ain't dat damn cute to be so stuck up, get dat dick out yo ass." He told her grabbing Rico's arm ignoring her cursing him out for breaking her phone.

"Told you bout these bitches ou—." Before he could finish his sentence she chucked her broken phone at his head.

"You gotta fight me bitch." She glared lunging at him but Rico grabbed her and Pedro stood back taunting her.