16.) Best Friend

"It's me." Jenna spoke holding back the tears.

Speechless, Nate got up and pulled her into him hugging her tightly.

"It's me Nate." She repeated over and over as she cried into his shirt. "I'm sorry J, I'm so sorry baby." He apologized as his warm tears hit her neck.

"Don't be, it's not your fault. Oh my God, thank you Jesus, I thought I lost you." She cried grabbing his face and just stared at him.

She wiped a tear from under his eye and he grabbed her face and crashed his lips into hers.

Wrapping her arms around his neck, she stood on her tiptoes and deepened the kiss.

Never in a million years did she think she would get a second chance at love again.

She thought God was punishing her for going through with the abortion years ago.

Losing Nate was literally her losing her best friend. Her protector, he was truly her savior and the moment she was told he was gone her heart left with him.

But here they were reunited.

So much to catch up on and so many questions but as of right now, they were gonna soak this up and enjoy every moment.

**

Nate's & Jenna 2nd home

"I'm shocked yuh still kept things furnished." Nate spoke pulling Jenna's body into his as they laid in bed.

"Sometimes I would fly out here just to reminisce, it was my only sense of comfort." She admitted messing with her ring.

It still felt surreal, like it was a dream that she refused to wake up from.

"I can't believe I didn't recognize my own son." He spoke. "In your defense they shot you when he was younger." She reminded.

"I still should have remembered though..."

"Well, you do now. What do you wanna do?" She asked looking at him.

"We gotta take out dem niggas back home first."

"No... I just got you back and you're ready to shoot somebody." She spoke and he chuckled.

"Come on pretty lady, yuh know how I do." He replied and she gave him a look. "Exactly why I said that." She argued.

"I'm not gonna let dem slide, dem niggas kept mi for what? Fifteen or so years? Maybe they did save mi life but they kidnapped mi ass and drugged mi. Yuh know I'm wit allat smoke J bug, they gotta pay." He told her and she frowned.

"At least play if off like you still don't remember and take em one by one or something. You gotta think smart Nate, these new boys are different from how you and Gunna them used to be."

"Gunna? Oh shit where his ass at?" He asked.

"Jamaica." She answered and he furrowed his brows.

"At the safe house... he couldn't take you being back with no memory so he left." She added and he looked up at the ceiling.

"Damian?"

"He's dead." She spoke softly and he bit down on his lip.

"I should've been more careful."

"Don't you dare lay here and blame yourself, you better not." She scolded sitting up and he closed his eyes.

That was his brother, yeah they never agreed on everything but that was family.