37.)

The group had touched down in Columbia 6 Thursday morning and checked into their rooms by 7:30, they were upset they had to wait an hour and a half not knowing that there was a reason behind it. It was 3 in the afternoon and the invitation said the ball wasn't until Saturday at 10, so they had a day to rest and do some sightseeing.

        Gunna was out on the spacious balcony training with Skylar and Quentin with Jenna watching with a close eye on the scenery. She had an eye for scoping things out without making it noticeable; Nate taught her that.

        "Jenna... can we talk?" Courtney asked standing in the doorway.

        "Be my guest," Jenna motioned for her to sit down.

        Looking over at Gunna then to Sky and Quentin, Courtney twisted her mouth. "Can we talk... alone?"

        "You're safer doing it here my love," Jenna advised.

        Sighing, Courtney stepped out on the balcony and sat next to her and stared out at the view.

        They sat in silence for a moment, the only thing that could be heard was the wind and Gunna's commands.

        "I'm sorry," Courtney finally spoke.

        "I was upset at Trina because of her question. I never meant for things to escalate I'm just tired of everyone treating those who's been here longer better than us 'newbies'. I come from a background of fighting on a daily and words just hit me differently than others. I shouldn't have said or put my hands on Gabby, I was wrong and I told her that. I was definitely wrong for threatening your son, I just never had a man put his hands on me like that, I've only ever witnessed my uncle beating on his wife. I'm sorry for taking you back to a dark place when I hurt I like to hurt others,"

        Jenna remained silent as she took a moment to sit in her own thoughts. For someone to apologize to her was a first, she spent her younger years wanting her mother and brother to do that yet they never did. She had to teach herself how to walk away and stop giving CPR to dead situations, the fact that Gunna put his faith in Courtney led Jenna to believe he saw something in her they couldn't.

        "You don't have to say anything, if I were you I wouldn't and I understand that, I ju—"

        "I forgive you," Jenna's voice was even-toned and her expression was unreadable.

        "I won't say sorry, I'm trying to rid that word from my vocabulary, but I do apologize... the same thing but then again it's not. When you're sorry, it means you have intentions of doing something again or you know it could happen, I'm apologizing to you because I'm certain this will not happen. As a woman, I'm going to politely ask you not to threaten my sun. Not son but sun, it's pretty self-explanatory of why I used that term. Second, I'm going to ask you... if you may, to go and thank my husband for protecting you not from baby boy, but from me. You're a sweet girl, my love, I don't get bad vibes from you but I don't give second chances,"

        Courtney sat there for a moment trying to figure out if that was an apology or warning or both. Turning slightly in her seat she noticed the look in Jenna's eyes then stood up.

        "Thank you," She said before walking away.

        Jenna remained seated as Gunna watched her for a bit before he asked Skylar and Quentin to go inside.

        "I wish you would stop trying to see the good in everyone," she said once he sat across from her but her eyes remained examining the area.