13.) Take It Slow

OMNISCIENT

"Nate?" Jenna asked again and he just stared at her. "Must be a small town, yuh know mi?" He asked speaking in his native.

Jenna looked down sadly, disappointed at the fact that he didn't remember her.

"Yeah... you don't remember me?" She asked keeping a distance between the two. He stared at her for a moment, there was a familiar vibe to her that he couldn't put his finger on.

"You walk with a cane?" She asked switching the topic.

"Temporary, since di accident. I've been doing some weight training and learning how fi do certain stuff again." He replied and she smiled softly.

After all these years he still looked damn good.

"I'm Jenna." She spoke extending her hand and he stared at her for a moment as if something clicked.

Feeling a sharp pain in the right side of his brain he rubbed his temple and closed his eyes.

Confused, Jenna looked around with her hand still extended.

"Sorry." He apologized shaking her hand.

"Jenna right?" He asked and she smiled nodding.

"Right."

"Uh mi no really know a lot of people out here... would it hurt fi ask yuh out?" He asked, blushing, Jenna only smiled.

If she had to go on fifty dates just to get him to remember her and his family then so be it.

"Where would you like to go?" She asked picking up the almond milk and sat it in his cart.

"Kind of hoping yuh would choose." He admitted and they shared a laugh.

"I don't have a problem with that." She assured then just stared at him for a moment.

All those years she spent grieving and crying at his grave, just to find out he was abducted.

But how?

"What do you remember?" She asked pushing his cart for him, she decided to place her things in along with his.

"Excuse mi?"

"You said you were in a coma for almost fifteen years right?" She asked, "Oh." He said then chuckled.

"Yeah, uh well all I know well feel... is dat there's someone or people dat I'm supposed to find." He answered and she looked down at his hand seeing his wedding band was missing.

Taking note of that, she nodded slowly.

"It's a feeling you have? Nobody is telling you this?" She asked.

"Nope, da people dat look after mi don't say much jus give mi di medication di Doctors prescribe and go on." He told her and she stared at him.

"What do they look like? If you don't mind me asking."

"Funny." He said then chuckled. "I feel like I cyaah trust yuh." He revealed and she smiled shyly.

It was crazy how he still had that affect on her.

"You can... that's a promise." She assured and he smirked.

"Married huh?" He asked noticing her ring, "No... it was a gift from my son." She lied and he furrowed his brows.

"Yur son bought yuh a wedding ring?" He asked and Jenna laughed softly.

"He figured I would run into my soulmate that way." She lied again, looking at her funny he decided not to respond.