28.) Invites

SKYLAR
August 31st

Rolling over in bed, Sky felt around for her phone and sat up.

"Shit." She cursed squinting her eyes due to the brightness.

Sliding the screen up, she cut her brightness down then went and checked her messages.

Auntie J: Good morning love, I know this day will be hard for you, so I came over and picked up Bre. I hope August is well. Call if you need me.

Uncle Nate: I know I just got here, but call me when you see this.

Baddest Bitch T: Nell and August are gone... I'll be over soon.

Looking to her left, Sky frowned seeing that indeed August wasn't here.

Sighing, she went down and read her other messages.

Lil Nate: Call me lil girl, I love you. Smiling, she read the rest of her message thread then went ahead and called Nate Sr.

It was 8 in the morning, she hoped she would've woken up to August.

"Sleeping Beauty is up." He spoke and she laughed softly.

"Good morning crazy man, I got your message."

"Did you get any sleep?" He asked and she laid back and rubbed at her eyes.

"Yeah, a little. Where's Bre?"

"Her and August nieces are up in di room sleep." He replied and she sat up.

"When did they get there?"

"Six dis morning, Nell dropped dem off. Said Chandra needed some alone time." He informed and she nodded slowly.

"Oh ok... I guess I'll just get my day started." She spoke getting back up. "Are yuh ok wit dis day? It seems like it would have a toll on yuh as well."

"Yeah... I'll be fine Uncle Nate, Trina's coming over with Dayvon." She assured.

"Alright, just call mi later ok?"

"I will, thank you." She replied before they hung up.

After replying back to Trina she got up and headed into the bathroom to start her day.

**

"Did Nell seem ok?" Sky asked Trina as they sat in the living room.

Giving Dayvon another piece of banana, he tried to feed it to Sky but she shook her head.

"Surprisingly, he was fine this morning." She replied and Sky nodded.

"He always seems leveled in situations like these." Sky spoke as she handed Dayvon another banana piece.

"Take a lot of practice and strength." Trina said as she looked at the photo of Mel August had on the table.

"When do you want to start planning the wedding?"

"Let's wait until we get all dis crazy shit out the way." She replied and Sky nodded.