Chapter 42.)

Jan. 15th, many years ago...

        "Which one of y'all was in charge of profits last week?" Gunna asked looking over the 4 grand that they were missing.

"Me boss," Wes spoke up and Playboy looked over at him and rose a brow.

"Either you stole, or you can't count."

"I wouldn't steal from you, I just wrote in more than what we made because sales were low and I wasn't trying to get cursed out." He admitted and Gunna disappointedly shook his head.

"So you lied?" Gunna quizzed, he knew but wanted to be sure he heard correctly.

Wes stared at him nervously for a moment then nodded.

"If you can lie about something like this, there's no telling what you've lied about before," Playboy stated.

"That's the only thing though," He assured.

"We don't know that all the otha' traps brought in twenty-two grand each... meaning you niggas only brought in eighteen g's.... what was the point of lying?" Gunna questioned irritably.

"I wanted to make a good impression."

"Nah, a good impression would've been, to be honest and to just tell us y'all worked hard but shit was slow. You lying made you look weak and untrustworthy." Playboy grilled and Wes sighed softly then lowered his head.

"What's my consequence?" He asked.

Chuckling, Gunna glanced at Playboy then smirked before replying, "No payment for three weeks."

"Prolly should've shot his ass," Playboy said as they headed out and Gunna laughed because he knew that's what he wanted.

"You always wanna shoot someone." he laughed getting inside the car.

Once Playboy climbed in Gunna started the engine and cut the heat on.

"I'm hitting da strip club tonight, you down for it?"

"Damn right, free pussy nigga." He replied and Gunna laughed shoving him.

"Technically it's not free if you're tipping 'em."

"I don't tip, just watch then fuck." He shrugged.

"Did I tell you dat you weren't shit?" Gunna chuckled and Playboy busted out laughing.

"I'm aware." He answered pulling out a slim Jim from the glove compartment.

"You think bro gonna marry Jen?"

"There's a possibility." He answered with a shrug.

"I feel like he will."

"It felt like just yesterday when she was asking me was it nasty of her to have a crush on him." He said and Gunna laughed because she asked him the same thing.

"She never knew how to act around him and every time she found out he was out having sex, it was like her heart broke over and over." He said then chuckled softly.

"Nigga was so oblivious to da signs but in a way das a good thing because dat would've been weird if he were checking for her back then."

"I think he ain't start paying her any mind until AFTER she hit her legal age." He replied and Playboy nodded.

"That's what he told me, he said stuff started getting crazier for him around her after she hit eighteen, I guess his dick realized she was technically legal for him to look at." He said and we both laughed at the last part.