22.) Letting it out pt.2

AUGUST
August 1st

"When are we gonna make a move on the guys that took my uncle?" Sky asked as we walked the neighborhood

"We're waiting on him to give da say so." I answered twisting the cap back on my water bottle.

"How you feeling about your pops situation though?" I asked.

"I still need a little time to think on it." She replied. "Nightmares still happening?"

"Yeah, they're getting shorter though... now it just starts with the shooting." She stated as she kicked a rock out the way.

"How does it end?" I asked.

"When I run out the house."

"After you get da stuff?" I asked and she nodded. "Sounds like it's a reflection of you running away from da truth." I observed and she looked at me.

"How can you get that from that?" She asked then laughed and I laughed as well.

"I just read you well ma, did you forget before we even got serious we used to stay up talking about random shit?" I asked nudging her.

"You think I'm running?"

"I know you are." I replied and she bit down on her lip.

"Maybe I'm not ready." She mumbled. "Dats why you keep seeing yourself running... you're afraid to forgive him so you can move on in life." I told her and she sighed.

"I just feel like if my mom were here I would have some clarity about it." She admitted.

"She probably would tell you to forgive him, not for him or for anyone else but for you." I said and she just stared ahead.

"You guys just gotta give me time."

"I am giving you time ma, I think you're trying to rush yourself without even realizing." I told her.

Nodding, she slid her hands in her back pocket.

"So what should I do Doctor Alsina?" She joked and I chuckled.

"Listen to your heart." I replied, smiling softly she looked down then up at me.

"I think I'll do that." She assured and I pulled her into me. "Tell me something Mr. Alsina"

"I'm listening." I replied twisting the cap off my bottle.

"How does this stuff make you feel?" She asked. "What stuff?"

"My uncle coming back, us trying to figure out what to do with the people that killed him, the Pedro situation and my nightmares." She explained and I thought on it.

"It's no big deal to me, we'll handle ole fuck boy when he pops back up. Your uncle? He's da OG, what he says goes. And as for your nightmares? I can handle it." I told her and she smirked.