29.) Special Delivery

SKYLAR & AUGUST
September 2nd

"How long are y'all going to be gone?" Sky asked Chandra as August spoke with his nieces in the kitchen.

"Just a few months, when I was alone during Mel's death anniversary I did some thinking. I'm not making my life any better while putting my kids in the line of fire. How many times does one of us have to get shot or almost killed for me to wake up? I'm not blaming you guys but I have to think about the girls and I can't focus on them if I'm here worrying everyday." Chandra told her and Sky nodded slowly.

"I don't want you to go."

"It's what's best for us Sky." She replied.

"You know August will protect you guy's with his life." Sky told her and Chandra smiled softly.

"He shouldn't have to. I'm a big girl and my girls shouldn't be around this at least not until they're older."

"Where are y'all gonna go?" Sky asked.

"Florida."

"Make sure you call us at least twice a week." She told her and Chandra smiled.

"I will." She replied looking down at her watch.

"Ok girls, come on and say your goodbyes to Sky, we gotta go."

"Aw man." KayKay pouted.

"I don't wanna go." Chay spoke and Amaiya nodded in agreement.

"We'll be back." Chandra assured then waved at a sad Bre.

"You better make sure you keep my girl safe." She spoke after hugging August.

"I always do." He replied slipping in the envelope with 30 grand in it inside her purse.

"Don't be scared to call me Cha." He told her.

Smiling faintly, she put her shades on and grabbed her bags.

"I love y'all." She said opening the door.

"We love you." Bre spoke on the verge of tears.

Saying her last goodbyes, Chandra let the girls leave out first before she followed behind.

August them stood on the doorstep watching until they got settled in the car.

Waving one last time, Chandra beeped the horn as she backed out the driveway.

Once she was out of view, August closed the door and headed into the living room with Bre hot on his trail.

His nieces were like his kids, he loved them dearly.

Wiping her eyes, Skylar joined them inside the living room and stared at the blank tv screen while August looked at the picture of his nieces.

Bre rested her head on his arm as she stared at the photo as well.

"I lost my best friends." She mumbled as a tear rolled down her cheek.