14.) Memory what?

JENNA & NATE Sr.
A week later

"Why yuh act so stand-offish wit mi?" Nate asked nudging Jenna. "I don't."

"Yes yuh do." He replied then chuckled. Smiling softly, Jenna looked out at the car driving by.

"I guess I'm just trying to get used to helping you remember me, it's not my strong suit. I feel like I gotta hold back." She admitted and he stared at her.

He was starting to think they were more than what she told him.

"So don't hold back, tell mi every ting." He insisted but she shook her head, it just didn't feel right.

Why tell him that they're married and have a son together if he doesn't remember?

"If yuh believe di lie den I guess I do." He added and she went to say something but stopped.

"You don't have to say it like that." She mumbled waving a fly away.

"Say it like what Pretty lady?" He asked and she smiled at the famous nickname.

"Never mind Nate." She murmured stirring the ice around in her glass.

Staring at her for a moment, he studied her movements and body language.

"Someone said I was an urban legend or something like dat, is it true?" He questioned scooting slightly closer towards her.

"Who said that?" She asked raising a brow. "One of di gyals at di club." He answered and she wasn't sure if she should laugh or not.

"Do you believe it?"

"Should I?" He countered and they stared at one another for a moment. "If I said it, would you believe it?" She asked and he chuckled.

"For some reason I keep coming back fi yuh... so yes." He answered honestly and she averted her eyes to the ground.

"Wah?"

"Nothing... nothing." She mumbled placing her glass on the ground, he did the same then placed his cane down.

"Will you have to walk with that forever?"

"Why? Does it bother yuh?" He asked jokingly and she laughed shaking her head.

"Not at all." She assured. "Once I finish therapy I won't need it." He told her and she nodded.

"How much longer will you be here?"

"Yuh ready for mi fi go?" He asked grinning and she laughed nudging him.

"Just don't want your "spy" being suspicious."

"Sanford? He's harmless." He told her but she knew good and well he wasn't.

"Mhm." She hummed giving him a look and he rose a brow. "Do dat again." He said and she furrowed her brows.

"What?" She asked. "Never mind." He replied grabbing his cane and stood up.

"Where you going?"

"Inside, di mosquitoes are biting yuh up." He answered pointing to the red marks on her legs.

"I didn't even feel anything." She said getting up as well and followed him inside the house.

"Yuh have rubbing alcohol?" He asked limping into her living room. "I'm fine, it doesn't bother me." She told him as she walked into the kitchen.

"Jus go get it and Cocoa butter if yuh have it." He asserted sitting down and got comfortable on the couch.

Laughing to herself, she washed her hands then walked out the kitchen.