35.)

"What's wrong with you?" Jenna asked Nate when he sat down for the third time. It was the morning of their trip and she was packing their bag and he was supposed to be helping but kept stopping.

"Nutten, yuh mi to carry something?"

Jenna stared at him briefly then squinted her eyes like she used to do in her younger years before replying, "You taught me how to read body language, so why'd you just lie to me?"

Chuckling, Nate stood back up and picked up the luggage and headed out the room without saying anything.

His leg was still giving him problems and he's been meaning to talk to Gunna about it but hadn't got the chance to.

"What's the point in bringing guns knowing they're gonna check us?" She asked joining him inside the living room.

"Gabby won't get checked and neither will Sky,"

"How do you know that?" She quizzed folding her arms.

"If it were mi, I wouldn't take di two serious. They have an innocent look to dem dat will make di smartest man naive,"

"If you say so," she shrugged heading back upstairs to get the last of their things.

When he heard her back inside the room, Nate sat down on the couch and hit his leg repeatedly trying to regain the feeling.

He needed to figure out what was going on, he would hate for something to pop off and his leg gave out on him during the wrong time, that would be a big problem.

Wiggling his foot, he stood up slowly just as Jenna was turning the corner holding the last luggage.

"Gyal," Nate chuckled taking it from her seeing that she was about to drop it.

"I almost made it," she giggled sitting down and picked up the magazine.

"You were about to be unda' dis, yuh ain't nutten but five feet," He said then busted out laughing at the face she made.

"Since when do you joke my height?"

"Since yuh thought yuh could carry a bag di same size as yuh," he chuckled.

"Oh wow... I'm definitely sleeping in a separate bed," she frowned folding her arms.

Laughing, Nate leaned down and rested his forehead against hers before kissing her.

"Yuh know I love yuh right?"

"Yup," she smiled getting up to follow him out the door.

"Go get mi phone J," he called over his shoulder as he walked down their driveway.

Putting the luggage down, she rushed back inside and Nate leaned against the car massaging his side.

Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes and mumbled a few prayers to himself.

"Nate," Jenna called staring at him strangely.

Opening his eyes, he ignored her curious look and took his phone from her and opened the driver door for her.

"What's going on with you?" She asked once he got inside the passenger seat after putting the bags in the trunk.

"Nutten, I'm cool," he mumbled sending a text to Gunna then exhaled.

"Twice," she said then shook her head as she stopped at the red light.