21.) Letting it out pt.1

February 10th, 2012

Can't believe my only daughter will be graduating in the next few months." Simon said as he put his suitcase on the table and placed a kiss on Sky's forehead.

"If only you would have let me drop out." She half joked and Billie laughed. "Now why would we let you do that?" He asked washing his hands.

"You would've made me the happiest person in the world." I replied and he chuckled that deep laugh of his displaying both dimples.

"You hear that Billie?" He asked looking at his wife and she smiled nodding as she poured some shredded cheese over the Mac.

"Mind your business" was my Billie's favorite quote and it's exactly what Sky always did, 'Mind her business.' Of course she ear hustled here and there, but overall she did stay out of grown folk business.

"What's so bad about school now?" She asked and Skylar shrugged looking over her chemistry notes.

"I just didn't really have time to make friends, that's all." She replied. "You don't need friends, you got us." Simon told her as sat down across from her and pulled her binder over his way.

He swore he was better at everything and she always let him believe it.

"I still need friends, y'all don't wanna go to the movies or parties with me." She said and he scrunched his face up.

"You don't needa go to no parties, who you tryna booty pop on?" He asked and she gasped. "Dad!"

"I ain't old, I know what folks yo age do at those parties. It's no place for you." He said getting serious and she decided to just let him have that.

"Maybe she's tired of hanging in the house every day." Billie defended and Sky nodded. "Being inside da house is safer than being outside." He spoke in a leave it at that tone.

Knowing what he meant, Billie didn't respond.

"I hear this all the time." Sku spoke standing up to go get her calculator. "I'm gonna keep saying it too until you get the thought of partying out yo head!" He yelled from the dining room and she just waved her hand as she headed towards her room.

"You're gonna run her away one day." Billie told her. "No I won't, she loves me and knows I'm just being an overly protective father." He responded.

She gave him a look.

"But for what? You gotta let her in some day Simon." She hinted.

"I wi—." Before he could finish his sentence the door was being kicked in and Billie's scream filled the air.

Sky rushed into her closet and hid inside the secret compartment Simon had put in.

Hearing her dad yell then more things breaking, Skylar squeezed her eyes shut and started praying hoping they wouldn't come searching for hernext.

Hearing her bedroom door be knocked forcefully into the wall then slammed shut her heart sank to the pit of her stomach.

Love After the StreetsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara