Chapter 44.) Many years ago

July 4th

"Look at yo ass, all pregnant and shit." Playboy joked embracing a very pregnant Jenna.

"Oh hush don't do that." She laughed stepping back.

Closing the door behind me, I followed her into the living room and plopped down on the sofa propping my feet up on the table.

"How you feeling?" He asked when she sat down.

"Pregnant and hungry... all the time,"

Chuckling, hdpicked up the baby book she had on the table and flipped through a few pages. "What's dis for?"

"A book for first-time moms."

"First t—what you need dis for? You got us."

"Yeah, but I know you guys are gonna be busy and I don't wanna ask Nate's parents for help not unless I really need it." She informed.

Understanding, he skimmed through the pages for a moment before asking his next question, "Are y'all gonna baby proof around here?"

"I wanted to, buttttt Nate thought that was childish."

"Childish? How? Leave it to Nate's ass to think of it like dat." He said and they laughed.

"Dat just means y'all being safe and taking precautions, but he da baby daddy." he added and she laughed.

"Where his ass at anyways? He told me his ass was around da corner."

"He went over to Gunna's place and then they're going to stop by the grocery store and pick me up some yogurt and grapes."

"Being pregnant really makes you crave weird shit?" He questioned and she furrowed her brows.

"What you mean?"

"Like does it really make you want to eat pickles with peanut butter or ranch? You know weird combos like dat." He clarified and she laughed.

"Oh... yeah, not the ranch but I've had the pickles and peanut butter, the baby liked it tho not me." She shrugged.

"You're due like next month right?"

"Yeah, the doctor said they may have to induce me. I told them when the baby is ready he will come, no need to rush it." She laughed.

"They always tryna do some extra shit." He chuckled putting the book down.

"You know not all but most white folks, well white Doctors are told to not believe any people of color precisely black folks and black women when it comes to sickness, pregnancies, and health issues?"

"You sound like Nate with all his conspiracy talks." She laughed but he was dead serious.

"I'm serious J, this old jawn I used to fuck with told me herself that she had a few associates dat were white tell her they are taught to brush our issues under da rug until it's too late. Why you think black women are da highest ranked in pregnancy related issues?" She stared at him for a second then looked down at her stomach.

"Why would you tell me that? What if something happens now?" She asked and he laughed.

"Ain't nothing gonna happen to you or my nephew, I'm just letting you know some real shit. I be reading into shit like dat. My name may be 'Playboy' but I'm very intelligent," he shrugged nonchalantly.

Yeah, it was true that he liked to just fuck around and break some hearts here and there, but he enjoyed reading and learning new shit especially about how corrupt the government and this country could be.