38.)

"How is everything out there? I'm mad you called me so late," Ashley pouted staring at Gunna.

        It was 2 in the morning there in Colombia but 1 back in the states and everyone except for Quentin was up thinking about tomorrow.

        "Nothing like I ain't prepare for, da kids running you crazy yet?" He asked picking up his blunt and lighter.

        "What's that supposed to mean? And nope, they've been surprisingly quiet... even Niy,"

        Taking a pull from the blunt, Gunna looked up at the night sky and blew the smoke out before replying, "Typical fighting shit, and what's wrong with my lil homie?"

        "I think she misses you, Bre only talks if she has a question, the baby is asleep of course but other than that they're all walking around like zombies,"

        Chuckling, Gunna took another pull then stared down at her and smirked.

        "What?" She giggled.

        "You know when I get back I'm putting a baby in you right?"

        "Marcus I'm sti—"

        "Fuck dem pills, I'm shooting up da club simple," he shrugged before taking another pull.

        "How long is the ball?" She asked ignoring his statement.

        "We don't really know, the card said we'll meet da guest host at eleven-thirty,"

        "So you guys are actually going to dance and mingle?" She giggled.

        "Not I, I'll be eating and kicking back," he answered.

        "All you do is eat," she teased.

        "I'd be a stick if I didn't, don't act like you don't enjoy dis long pipe," he smirked and she playfully rolled her eyes.

        "How's Nate leg holding up?"

        "He hasn't been complaining about it since we got here, maybe it was just a muscle spasm," he replied.

        Nodding, Ashley turned on her side and rubbed at her eyes. "I want you to come back to me... in one piece Marcus,"

        "And I will," He replied staring at his blunt momentarily before puffing on it.

        "It's crazy because you don't even believe that do you?" She quizzed.

        Shrugging, he ashed the blunt and stared up at the sky, "If my time is coming, I'm ok with dat,"

        "You know how selfish that sounds?" She asked sitting up with her face all frowned up.

        "Selfish? I don't know what dat means," he simply replied.

        "I've done a lot of shit, took a lot of lives, and played dirty... if I gotta go, I gotta go,"

        "Are you s—" before she could finish, Ashley ended the FaceTime call and he sat there for a moment staring up at the sky as his high began to kick in.

        Sighing, he went ahead and called her back. She declined his calls four times before she grew fed up and answered.

        "There could be a chance I may not come back and you want our last conversation to be a fight? Deadass Ash?"

        "Because you're talking stupid!" She cried.

        "I'm being realistic," he corrected and she scoffed.