11.) Walking Dead?

AUGUST
June 1st

"Is it me or has my aunt been acting weird?" Sky asked as I scrolled through my laptop ordering more stuff for the club.

"What you mean?"

"I don't know, she's been looking over her shoulder as if she's on the run or something and Bre told me she yelled at her when they were getting yogurt." She said and i shrugged.

"I'm not sure ma, I haven't noticed anything strange." I told her.

"Something's going on with her Aug... I can feel it."

"Well talk to her about it ma." I suggested, nodding she grabbed her phone and walked into the kitchen.

"Auggie?" Bre called skipping into the living room and I chuckled.

"Wassup luh mama?"

What ya doing?" She asked. "Tryna order some stuff for da club, you finished your school work?"

"Mhm, I drew you a picture." She said climbing on the sofa next to me and handed me her notebook.

Opening it, I flipped through the pages.

"Where's sissy?" She asked "In da kitchen on da phone."

"Talking to Trina?"

"Nah, your aunt." I answered and she smiled.

"Who's dis?" I asked pointing at the drawing. "You, sissy, me and buttons!" She chimed, I almost forgot she had that kitten.

Speaking of her, she came walking around the corner.

"You wanna hang it up?" I asked picking Buttons up.

"Yes." She answered taking Buttons from me.

While she played with her I went back to ordering the stuff.

"She said nothing is wrong." Sky announced coming back into the living room and sat next to Bre.

"Told you." I said but she shook her head.

"She's just not telling me, but something is wrong."

"Stop stressing it Sky, if she say she coo then she coo." I told her. "If you say so." She mumbled messing with the bow on Button's collar.

"You drew this?" She asked Bre. "Mhm, you like it?"

"I do, let's hang it up." She told her and Bre hopped down from the couch and Buttons followed suit.

"Still jealous of dat cat I see." I teased noticing the look Sky had. "First she tried to steal you and now she be hogging my sister."

"She's a cat, pets are like dat naturally ma." I told her and she kissed her teeth.

"Nah, she know what she's doing." She replied and I chuckled.

"That's a damn shame ma."

"Don't judge me, judge the cat." She said and I laughed shaking my head.