Regrets

Luke's POV
How come Emily never told me?

I feel like a horrible brother. I wasn't there when she needed me the most. I decide to call mum, to ask her about this.

"Hello?"

"Mum? Its Luke are you busy?"

"No is everything alright?"

"Yes, everything's fine, I just have a question for you, did you know Emily was being bullied?"

"What? She's being bullied?"

"I mean at school mum. She's ok right now."

"No Luke, she seemed alright whenever I see her."

"Oh, well I don't know what to do mum. We were talking a few minutes ago and she admitted to me that she was being bullied. She then stormed out of my room."

I hear her sigh.

"Luke, just talk to her. Go in there and ask her what she wants to do."

"Mum, but I feel horrible. She basically said the reason she's being bullied is because of my fame."

"Luke, it's not your fault. Don't feel bad. Just go in and talk to her."

"Ok Mum. Thanks. I love you."

"Love you too. Bye"

We hang up and I just start thinking to myself.

What am I gonna say to her?

Emily's POV

Why did I have to admit that? It's so personal and embarrassing to tell my brother! I walk back to my room and slam the door. Thea wakes up immediatly.

"What Happened? Are we leaving? Where am I?"

I smile, that's why she's my best friend.

"The hotel stupid. We just got here like an hour ago."

"Oh, Kay. Why are you sad?"

"I admitted to Luke about being bullied."

"FInaLLY! I've been telling you forever! Why today?"

"It just happened. I didn't expect it. It just did."

"And what's so wrong about that?"

"He's sad! I told him the truth why,"

"You said it was because of him. Didn't you?"

"What was I supposed to say? You know I can't lie to him. I can keep things from him but I can't lie to my brother Thea. The bad thing is now he's sad and it's MY fault and I feel guilty."

"Em, you told him the truth, he loves you. He'll protect you from anyone or anything. He'll do anything to make sure your safe! The hard parts over, you told him. Now, everything will be ok. It will even be better than it was before."

I think about what she said.

She's right! I'm most likely NEVER going back to school again!

"You're right! Everything will be better! Thanks Thea, you always know what to say."

She sits up, "I know."

We laugh and continue to talk. Then we here knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" I ask

"Me." a familiar voice says.

Luke.