Chatting

Emily's POV

I tell Thea to leave as she lets Luke in.

He walks in quietly as Thea leaves the room. He comes sit next to me on the bed.

"I'm sorry." He says

"Luke, no. I'm sorry. I didn't want to tell you because I knew you would feel bad but-"

"No, Em, i'm sorry for everything I've put you through. I was only thinking of myself and I didn't think it would affect you. I'm so selfish."

"LUKE Stop it! You are an AMAZING big brother. I love you to death and you're living your dream! Don't worry about me. Besides, just two more years of torture and I'll be free." I mumble that last part, not that it worked.

"Torture? Em is it really that bad?"

I tear rolls down my cheek. He leans in and hugs me.

"Everything's gonna be alright. Nothing will hurt you anymore."

"Luke," I say, "Please don't make me go back, please."

He continues to hug me, "Don't worry."

We continue to just hug while quietly speaking.

"What did they do to you Em?"

"They said I should go die. That I don't deserve you. I'm too ugly to be your sister."

He looks at me and I see his eyes filled with tears.

"Em, you're beautiful. Don't let them tell you you're not. They're just jealous that you have a great older brother like me."

I laugh, "Yeah Luke."

Luke's POV

I can't believe how people are these days. My sister is beautiful. She doesn't deserve to be living like this.

"Em, so you want to drop out like I did?"

Her big eyes light up. She nods her head saying yes.

"Absolutely not."

"What?! Luke!" She whines.

"Em, I love you but no! Imagine if my career didn't work out, what would be my backup plan? Working at McDonald's?"

She laughs, "I guess you're right. But what do I do then?"

I think for a few seconds, "You have a choice. Go to private school, or to be home schooled."

"Home School! Pleasee Luke!"

"What about Thea, your just going to leave her?"

She sits still for a while.

"Maybe we can be home schooled together?"

"Its up to her and her mom. You can ask."

She smiles, "Thanks Luke. For everything. You really are a great big brother."

"I know."

She laughs. I guess we have a plan now.